Divine Office question!

  • Thread starter Thread starter camkutz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camkutz

Guest
I use the Collins (UK) version of the Divine Office and after saying morning prayers this morning I notice for Maundy Thursday vespers that it says “only to be said by those who are not attending the evening Mass”
Now does that mean there are no vespers to be said tonight or? Because I am going to the evening Mass
thanks!👍
 
I use the Collins (UK) version of the Divine Office and after saying morning prayers this morning I notice for Maundy Thursday vespers that it says “only to be said by those who are not attending the evening Mass”
Now does that mean there are no vespers to be said tonight or? Because I am going to the evening Mass
thanks!👍
Mass this evening takes the place of Vespers.

The Veneration of the Cross (Passion) service tomorrow takes the place of tomorrow’s Vespers.

And the Easter Vigil takes the place of Night Prayer (Compline) of Saturday, and the Office of Readings (Matins) of Easter Sunday.

God bless you!

Gertie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top