DIVORCE Imminent...am I right? Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyker
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Hyker! So sorry to hear you are going through this…I was wondering something…Is your wife going through menopause? A friend of mine’s mother is just starting out with it and she’s completely flipped! BUT since she won’t listen to reason left her husband of so many years, he helped raise her 4 kids and she never has had to work in her entire marriage! He’s been the head of household, the most tolerable and most loving and kind man in the world always there for her and she decides to go to a tarot reader tarot reader tells her that her happiness will be found with a man who’s name starts with a certain letter so she left her husband!!!

All she does is cry all day and throws tantrums…But instead of listening and going to seek the doctor there she is making the biggest mistakes of her life!

Maybe your wife seriously needs to seek a doctor, and you should go with her, make sure you let her doctor know privately without her knowing that you think she might be starting menopause and that you need him to give her something that she will think is going to help her escape but treat the condition at the source…With the correct medication she will be a lot better…

My mother as soon as she felt the first signs she looked for help immediately didn’t waste a single moment and didn’t care that she was only 40 something, she wasn’t going to let herself go and get all ill because of the new episode of life she was going to go through…

Sometimes listening to her helps too…I am so sorry you are going through this and even though it’s wrong for her behavior I am sure there is a logical explanation which requires specific medication that will help her get better…

Good luck and GOD bless!
 
OP: The situation sounds pretty unenviable. You should not tolerate, nor be asked to tolerate, abuse…and what you’re describing sounds like abuse. I too will offer prayers.

However, I must respectfully take issue with Flyingfish’s comments, even if I am going off-topic a bit:

“…Wicca is a made up religion, the spells have about as much power as me rubbing a lamp asking for wishes to be fulfilled…There is no such thing as magic, the only people who have magic powers and can perform spells are characters in fantasy stories.”

–I would beg to differ, although maybe it’s semantics, because no one has ever (to our knowledge) become demonically possessed by rubbing a genie’s lamp.

Does “magic,” per se, exist? I can’t say. What I can say, however, is that dabbling in the occult, including by purported magic, is a sure pathway to opening oneself to demonic possession, and/or exposing oneself to non-natural forces, knowledge, etc., which a) cannot be explained scientifically, and which hence appear “magical,” and which b) the dabbler cannot possibly control. I don’t know much about Wicca – I’m trying to stay away from it, as, quite frankly, any Christian should. I would however, posit that people who claim to “cast spells,” claim powers like bilocation, “astral travel,” etc., are in fact – if they are not charlatans – glimpsing into a non-natural realm – but here’s the problem: They are not glimpsing Christ. They are instead glimpsing enticing forces, “powers,” etc., dangled before souls as a means of luring them away from Christ. These may be the same sorts of knowledge, powers, etc., condemned by St. Augustine long years ago, when he wrote of man’s inordinate desire to possess knowledge he should not acquire.

So, on whole, no, I cannot say Wicca and spells are “made up,” and, to the contrary, I don’t think you can or should either – I think they may be windows to the Devil. Some people may be “into that” and be perfectly harmless…but that does not mean it is always the case. Quite the contrary, any Christian should IMHO be very, very guarded about ANY occult matters, and not dismiss them so flippantly. I believe it was former Vatican exorcist, Fr. Gabriel Amorth, who cautioned to stay far away from magic, wicca, etc… as essentially all magic, “white or black,” stems from the Devil. In that respect, I highly recommend Fr. Malachi Martin’s book on 5 case studies on demonic possession, “Hostage to the Devil,” and who cites Fr. Amorth. Martin is truly a terrifying read, one the scariest books I have ever read, all the more so because I believe what he writes is true. But that’s another issue…

So, to circle the wagons, I am also quite concerned that OP’s wife has gotten mixed up with that. No good will come of it. None whatsoever.
 
I have no advice, since I am in a rather similar situation, but I am praying for you, your wife, and your marriage. :blessyou:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top