D
dronald
Guest
Hey everyone, coming in peace with a question. I know that the Didache is not authoritative or binding on any Christian denominations but I wanted to know what this means and if you agree with it?
The Didache is a first century Christian writing on how they should act as Christians:
Didache 3:4
My child, be no dealer in omens, since it leads to idolatry, nor an enchanter nor an astrologer nor a magician, neither be willing to look at them; for from all these things idolatry is engendered.
So what would be considered an omen and do Catholics have any types of omens? The reason given is that it could lead to idolatry.
Again, I ask this out of respect and ignorance. Thanks.
The Didache is a first century Christian writing on how they should act as Christians:
Didache 3:4
My child, be no dealer in omens, since it leads to idolatry, nor an enchanter nor an astrologer nor a magician, neither be willing to look at them; for from all these things idolatry is engendered.
So what would be considered an omen and do Catholics have any types of omens? The reason given is that it could lead to idolatry.
Again, I ask this out of respect and ignorance. Thanks.