Do we have favorite priests?

• Thread starter Thread starter anthony81OR
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony81OR

Hey everyone,
I was just thinking, we do have good priests around and, I know that, we got to have our favorites. Well, I can tell you mine. Fr. John Amsberry is a very holy and wonderful priest. He’s funny and, very outgoing. He helps out with the youth, does conferences, retreats, etc. He usually speaks at the Steubenville Conference in the West Side. WA, and CA. He helps me with my problems and he just preach about God’s love is on fire for everyone. His message to everyone is that, “You Are Loved.” It’s a great message and, we get to know that, we should appreciate our priests. I am from the Archdiocese of Portland and, I love to help out with as much as I can with the Archdiocese in Oregon. Anyway, I just hope we can reply back. Don’t be afraid because, we need to pray for more great priest in the future. I got some great priests names but, Fr. John Amsberry is my favorite.

Fr. George Cairns, who was pastor of St. Mary’s in Royal Oak, Michigan when I grew up in the 50s, early 60s, fine example of strong priest of the old school (Irish, what a brogue) even though this was a traditionally German parish (his successor was German). As a child I was impressed by his fervor in celebrating Mass. He as a short man, and would literally bounce on his toes during the consecration. I just knew Jesus was there and this priest was in love with Jesus, so naturally I could love Him, too.

This is a good topic. I have favorite priests also. These are my two current ones, Fr. Jeffrey A. Ingham and Fr. James F. Garneau.

Fr. Ingham is very devout and reverent during Mass. I don’t know how else to describe this. He seems to be truly unselfconscious and completely in the presence of Our Lord, yet spiritually open and available for us parishioners. He is very graceful and humble and strong. There is beauty in his spirit.

Fr. Garneau is a young priest who is a great confessor. He is also very reverent and is very particular about observing the proper steps during Mass, and his homilies are wonderful as well. He is called our “Scholar in Residence.”

There is another Fr. at our parish who is Jose Antonio Galvez-Orellano, but I have not to my knowledge either seen or heard him before.

We are blessed to have all three of these. 🙂

My current priest, Father Dave Howell is awsome. He is great with the kids. His sermons are good enough that I actually stay awake to listen to him, and he is always willing to help. He will find the time to answer a question of yours. He is the first priest I have really liked. he has a full boat, though, as he lives with his sister and neices. His sister is handicap, and cannot live on her own. (she is in a wheel chair) IF you need to talk, he will talk when you want to talk and not one moment later. HE is very open and very caring. Most priests I have met say mass, and don’t talk much. I like a social priest.

without a doubt, msgr. roy klister. you can actually look him up online, just type in his name, select the link that refers to denis r., and you’ll see what he’s done. but that doesn’t say anything about his charisma, the way he helps people-he’s the only priest in this area you can call 24/7, whether he’s your priest or not. very holy, obedient to the holy father. a very loving person. but he’s no longer at my parish. please pray that he is returned to us.

sfx

Oh, yes we do!

A previous priest, Fr. A, would never lead you astray. You asked a question, you got a straight answer. He was a good confessor, too. He’s a taciturn fellow

Our current parish priest, another Fr. A, is orthodox, is a good confessor, good homilist, very pastoral, VERY concerned about good Liturgy, and actually gives people copies of Church docs to read to improve their lay-ministries.

I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with him.

Please, though, pray for two of his priest friends, who are currently evaluating their continued lives as priests. Both are very good priests who just seem to be ‘burnt out’ dealing with constant attacks.

We must continually pray for our priests…the terrific AND the not-so-terrific.

Jaye

I have met so many wonderful priests, from several different orders, Fr. Wagner, and Father Titus, are exceptional priests in the order of the Holy Cross, Fr. Damien with the Benedictines, Never met a bad Legion of Christ priest, and the new Miles Christi priests are great. A Diocesan priest that helped me a lot was Fr. Broderick. There are many wonderful priests out there in our world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back