Do you believe in hauntings?

• Thread starter Thread starter StephiePea
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StephiePea

Just curious. Do you believe that a person can die and remain on earth, maybe hanging around where they died, or where their body is. Can houses be “haunted?” Can they comunicate with the living, and can they be caught in images on pictures? What do you think?

No.

When we die, we are taken to either our eternal reward or to our eternal punishment. We don’t have the option to stick around.

Any hauntings are done by the devil and his demons PRETENDING to be a departed one. And, yes, they CAN comunicate with the living, and they CAN be caught in images on pictures IF that is part of their plan to deceive someone.

Sir Knight:
No.

When we die, we are taken to either our eternal reward or to our eternal punishment. We don’t have the option to stick around.

Any hauntings are done by the devil and his demons PRETENDING to be a departed one.
That is interesting. But I was thinking maybe purgitory causes people to sort of remain around until they are able to go to Heaven. Has anyone heard of EVP?

I was reading a book on Purgatory earlier. Evidently some people who go to Purgatory come back to ask others to pray for them. However, I also know that many spirits are malevolent and are from the Devil. It really depends I suppose.

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena … the belief that the sounds and cries of the souls in purgatory can be heard and/or recorded by physical means.

Problem with that concept is that the souls in purgatory are spiritual and lack a physical body and therefore, lack the ability to create physical sound. Our soul MIGHT be able to hear them if God permits it but the voices would not be recordable.

Also, since the person is in purgatory, they could not be physically present someplace haunting it.

Well, what is purgatory, and how do we know it is a place and not a state of being here on earth?

I was reading a book on Purgatory earlier. Evidently some people who go to Purgatory come back to ask others to pray for them. However, I also know that many spirits are malevolent and are from the Devil. It really depends I suppose.
Problem with that concept is that the souls in purgatory are spiritual and lack a physical body and therefore, lack the ability to create physical sound. Our soul MIGHT be able to hear them if God permits it but the voices would not be recordable.
Also, since the person is in purgatory, they could not be physically present someplace haunting it.
Fr. F.X. Schouppe, S.J., in his Purgatory gives numerous examples in which people (mostly religious and saints) wake up at night only to find the spirits of deceased people (including very holy men and women) who request that the still alive person say so many masses in his or her name so as to be free of the prison of Purgatory. Fr. Schouppe thoroughly convinces me that many of the apparitions we see are not demons or evil spirits, but are spirits who went down to Purgatory but who have been allowed to come up to earth to ask for prayer.

40.png
Madaglan:
Fr. F.X. Schouppe, S.J., in his Purgatory gives numerous examples in which people (mostly religious and saints) wake up at night only to find the spirits of deceased people (including very holy men and women) who request that the still alive person say so many masses in his or her name so as to be free of the prison of Purgatory. Fr. Schouppe thoroughly convinces me that many of the apparitions we see are not demons or evil spirits, but are spirits who went down to Purgatory but who have been allowed to come up to earth to ask for prayer.
In this one show I watched on TV (now, I don’t believe everything on TV) they had recordings, so they say, of voices of people past. The recordings said interesting things. Like one said “there is no one to help me.” and another said “have you seen my mom?” and another “i’m completely dead.” They were quite chilling, and the one who had no one to help her made me think that she had no one left on earth to pray for her in purgatory…

This falls under the heading of “Preternatural Phenomena.”

One of the Editors of “Annals Australasia” was the famous “Radio Replies” priest, Dr. Leslie Rumble, M.S.C. from Sydney. He wrote 13 articles on Preternatural Phenomena in “Animals” (an endearing term for “Annals”) which today has been published continuously for over 100 years by the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart.

The following is the #8 article: on “The Bishop and the Murdered Archduke” - a story of the assassination in the Balkans which preceded World War 1.

The current Editor, Fr. Paul Stenhouse, M.S.C., Ph.D. has given me permission to publish most of the articles in back issues of “Annals”. However, as they rely on sales for their incomes, there are certain subjects that are reserved. Dr. Rumble’s are in that category.

The un-Official Annals Australasia Home Page is on site at jloughnan.tripod.com/annals.htm

Secondly, Bro. John-Paul Ignatius has a very interesting article for viewing at Seven Kinds of Ghosts

In the meantime, I hope this helps.

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena … the belief that the sounds and cries of the souls in purgatory can be heard and/or recorded by physical means.
This is absolutly a man-made phenominon. Physically it is impossible for a spirit to vibrate air molecules which is nesessary for sound waves to move to a microphone or a sensor. People who say they recorded the voices of a spirit are fakers.

40.png
StephiePea:
Well, what is purgatory, and how do we know it is a place and not a state of being here on earth?
Because we are TOLD by the church what it is in the same fahsion that were are told by the church that it exists.

It amazes me that on the one hand people will believe the church that purgatory exists but then have doubts about how the church defines it.
40.png
Madaglan:
This is exactly what I said earlier in that we MIGHT be able to see a ghost IF God allows it. In which case it would be for the spiritual benefit of one or more losts souls. Either our own or of the departed one or something along those lines.
40.png
Exporter:
… Physically it is impossible for a spirit to vibrate air molecules which is nesessary for sound waves to move to a microphone or a sensor. People who say they recorded the voices of a spirit are fakers.
Exactly my point.

Originally Posted by: Sir Knight
"Because we are TOLD by the church what it is in the same fahsion that were are told by the church that it exists.

It amazes me that on the one hand people will believe the church that purgatory exists but then have doubts about how the church defines it."
I feel your intellectual anguish! I’m right with this guy.

To answer the original question, yes, I do believe that hauntings occur even though I don’t know what does the hauntings.

Peace

Tim

40.png
StephiePea:
Just curious. Do you believe that a person can die and remain on earth, maybe hanging around where they died, or where their body is. Can houses be “haunted?” Can they comunicate with the living, and can they be caught in images on pictures? What do you think?
I believe that after a person dies, they might be able to stick around on earth just a little bit to see their loved ones one last time, and then go to their deserved position (Heaven, Hell or Purgatory).

Originally Posted by PVM
I believe that after a person dies, they might be able to stick around on earth just a little bit to see their loved ones one last time, and then go to their deserved position
I was kinda curious as to the source and foundation for this “belief”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back