Do you ever feel sad when God has different plans for your life

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CRATUS

Guest
Like you really like someone, but you know you cannot have them.
 
That is so heartbreaking, when that happens. Awful. Poets and songwriters have been writing about that specific pain for thousands of years.

And yet…I don’t know if I’d say it’s “God’s plan” that you cannot be with the person you really like. Don’t forget about free will. People make choices.

On a positive note: those who lose a love…often find a great love in someone else. It’s impossible to believe it at the time, when you are most heartbroken. But after many tears, there is often someone else even better for you just around the corner.
There is more than one possible great love per person. For sure.

.
I am not sure if this a Catholic belief. I believe in fate and soul-mates. As much as I believe in free-will, I lean towards fate.
 
I am not sure if this a Catholic belief. I believe in fate and soul-mates. As much as I believe in free-will, I lean towards fate.
Fate and soul mates are not Catholic teaching either.

Scripturally, no-one is promised a spouse. Finding one requires effort, and also for the life geometries to snap together. It’s not fated. It requires the free will of both.

And when a relationship that from ground level looks perfect, comes to nothing; it is still possible to find someone new. But again, it requires effort. It’s not written on the sky.

ICXC NIKA
 
I used to feel sad or even angry (!) when what I wanted didn’t match what God wanted for me, but sooner or later I always ALWAYS found He was right. So I stopped worrying about it. That may sound easy. I assure you it is not. The internal :slapfight: can in fact be quite violent (especially with that last one, Lord-LOVE Your sense of humor! :p)
 
Like you really like someone, but you know you cannot have them.
Yes, I think we’ve all been there. Try to ask the Blessed Mother to intercede that you find the person that God has for you. Pray a Hail Mary every day for this intention.
 
Yes, I think we’ve all been there. Try to ask the Blessed Mother to intercede that you find the person that God has for you. Pray a Hail Mary every day for this intention.
I agree. This worked for me. I asked for Mary’s help to meet the one that I was to spend my life with. I met the man who was to become my husband within a month. We’ve been married 34 years.
 
The best example for us to follow is Jesus, “Not my will but yours be done.”. Hard example to follow.

Mary did the same thing when she gave her assent to God’s plan for her.

Sometimes you get what you desire but sometimes you don’t.
 
I used to feel sad or even angry (!) when what I wanted didn’t match what God wanted for me, but sooner or later I always ALWAYS found He was right. So I stopped worrying about it. That may sound easy. I assure you it is not. The internal :slapfight: can in fact be quite violent (especially with that last one, Lord-LOVE Your sense of humor! :p)
Yeah, been there done that! But, like you said, He’s always right.
 
I am not sure if this a Catholic belief. I believe in fate and soul-mates. As much as I believe in free-will, I lean towards fate.
I agree with a soul mate and that God does have a plan for everyone however we have to choose His plan. If we do not choose His plan we may find ourselves with someone who we thought was our souls mate married and find out later how wrong we were because we did not consult the Lord giving the matter prayerful intentions. Marriage is for everyone. God loves marriage and speaks of marriage as an ongoing theme from beginning to end of the Bible. Even the priests are married to the Church and the Nuns to Jesus. God says to And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein. Genesis 9:7. If you cannot marry traditionally for whatever reason, then you may always marry your heart to the Church or Jesus as a religious…unless you have children in the home then you could like a religious.

However, if you cannot have the person who you desire then perhaps it is not God’s desire but your own desire.

God bless. Be fruitful and multiply in marriage!
 
Interesting.
So then…you believe this person is your only “soulmate” and that it is your fate that God doesn’t want you to be with them?
If that is what you believe, then I can’t imagine you feeling too sad…since it’s God’s will and you want to do God’s will and doing so makes you happy and you believe it is your rightful fate.

On the otherhand…you have the choice to be be open to and seek out someone new…and find that that person is your soul mate, too. And be happy that way.

Most people do feel sad when they find out they can’t have what they want–as per your initial post. Then, hopefully, they pick themselves up and find something else that they want.
A person has many possible fates.
Every day with the choices you make, you make your fate. A person can be proactive about it or just let things happen. Both ways, you are making choices about it.

.
I guess I will want someone else.
 
Not as sad as when my plan for my life is different than God’s plan.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top