Do you have a prayer list?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sorbetto
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sorbetto

I posted something like this in Family Life, but realized it might be more appropriate of a question to ask here, actually.

How do you remember everyone you want to pray for? My SO and I were just talking about maybe needing a list to remember who we need to pray for every night together. Is this “tacky” or something?

What techniques do you use to remember and pray for everyone you want to pray for? 🙂

40.png
Sorbetto:
My SO and I were just talking about maybe needing a list to remember who we need to pray for every night together. Is this “tacky” or something?
Nothing wrong with a list–after all, that’s what they use in Mass for the intentions.

I started off trying to keep a list in my head… but being ADD… :rolleyes:

I think it would be a real disservice for me to fail to pray for those who I have promised to pray for, so I’d rather have my little tacky “Post-It” notes stuck all over my monitor than forget someone. :o

JM2¢,
Elizabeth

I have a little 3x5" notebook I write intentions in.

But in case I might have left anybody out, I conclude my intercessions with, “. . . and that the intentions of all who have requested my intercession be answered as may be most expedient for them, I ask in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.”

I used to keep track in my head, but the list got to be too big. Now I keep a little notebook, and write down who I’m praying for, and if needed; why.

I do write in code, though; such that if the book gets lost :eek:, no one would be able to really understand what it all meant.

40.png
mylo:
I used to keep track in my head, but the list got to be too big. Now I keep a little notebook, and write down who I’m praying for, and if needed; why.

I do write in code, though; such that if the book gets lost :eek:, no one would be able to really understand what it all meant.
That’s the situation I ran into. I keep a list on a disk and update as needed and print one off to keep in my missal.

SFX

I keep my list in a journal sat sits here where I do my Rosary and Bible reading.

40.png
Sorbetto:
I posted something like this in Family Life, but realized it might be more appropriate of a question to ask here, actually.

How do you remember everyone you want to pray for? My SO and I were just talking about maybe needing a list to remember who we need to pray for every night together. Is this “tacky” or something?

What techniques do you use to remember and pray for everyone you want to pray for? 🙂
I do have a list that I put on a post-it in the back of my novena book. I have about 9 that I do and I keep the same intention for nine days for each novena, but I have to write it down because it means I have 9 intention going at one time. I also do the 54 day Rosary Novena, and I alternate between two requests. I did have to write down the names of some of the posters here because I include anyone by name that is looking for a job, and I have run accross several on these posts.

Obvioiusly I have several times a day that I have spontaneous prayers when I see someone in need of intercession.

Over time I slowly add to the list. I started in high school, and God has gifted me with a fairly accurate memory. I can remember dozens and of names and intentions with the names. Eventually as prayers are answered or new ones needed, it takes me about a week to learn the new one. :gopray: Thanks and God Bless.

No. I tried and tried and have just given in to the fact that I will never remember all I have been asked to pray for. I have explained to the Lord (something which He already knows!!) that I have only a human mind, prone to forget a lot. I am very much aware that He remembers everything (except confessed sins!!) so I trust that he will recall all those I dearly wish to remember but can’t.

So I pray to the Lord for the intentions of:
  1. All those who have asked for my prayers
  2. All those who I have promised to remember in my prayers
  3. All those who are in need of prayer
It might be seen as a cop out but hey I think it just about covers everyone!!

my daily prayer list is written in the back cover of my prayerbook, at our Benedictine Oblate monthly meetings we share our personal and group prayer intentions, formally writing them down so we can carry them with us all month for prayer. When I am asked on the spot (name removed by moderator)erson or on the internet for prayer I say OF HM GB right away, and pray with the person at that moment if they wish it. If I remember when I get home, I add it to my monthly list. Our small faith group has a notebook right next to our bible, anyone is free to write any prayer intention, these are never read aloud so as not to embarrass anyone, but lifted up whenever we pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back