Do you have a prayer partner?

• Thread starter Thread starter coralewisjr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coralewisjr

Do you have at least one friend who prays for you as you pray for him?

I had never heard of the concept until I went to college. The nuns across town have a prayer partner program and several students sign up to be prayer partners with nuns. They treated us to dinner in their cafeteria a few times and allowed us to pray with them in their chapel and had a party for us at the end of the school year.

Now I ask friends to pray for me and reassure them that they’re in my prayers, too. I can think of nothing better that I need than prayers - not food, not hugs, not clothes…prayers make the difference!

my Mother my Confidence,
Corinne

Hi
Yes, my daughter in law is my prayer partner.
However, within our prayer group we have a core group that is committed to pray and fast for one another.
I also have 3 prayer groups on line who do the same thing.

Then… there is the Blessed Mother and my adopted Patron Saint, St. Martin de Porres who is special prayer partners.

Prayer partners are very very important. I take great joy in prayer and in praying for others. Very uplifting and inspiring. I feel Blessed to be prayed for and to pray for others. smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_14.gif

I have been blessed with a prayer partner for many, many years. Almost as long as I have had a spiritual director. (which is 20+ years). We share many things things spiritual and she also accompanies me to adore the Blessed Sacrament.

I have a somewhat social contact with her but on the whole. Our social life with/withoput each other has no impact on me/or her whatsoever.

We also share the same director…although she is not stringent like I am about communicating with him monthly.

I love her and my soul unfolds very easily with her…she knows me as no one will ever…🙂 And of course that goes both ways…

Blessings,
Shoshana

My spouse and I pray daily together the Liturgy of the Hours, but I also go regularly to Our Blessed Mother for intercession as well as St. Philomena, and now that both of my parents are dead, I pray to and for them for intercession.

I have a number of people I pray for who pray for me, even though we don’t have anything formal worked out. It just works out that we end up praying for each other. I find that I really have grown closer to the people I have prayed for and who have prayed for me. It’s like the Holy Spirit gives us a special bond.

Yes, I do. I recommend it to everyone. It makes an enormous difference, not only in your prayer life, but throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back