Do you have to pray the rosary, with a rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Amanda22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amanda22

I know this may sound like the most stupid question you have ever heard, but I don’t know the answer.
I posted a thread on here about my ouija board use and was advised to pray the rosary. I do not have any rosary beads and have had so much financial burden lately I can’t afford them anytime soon. I would like to follow your advice to seek out help. So is it possible to pray the rosary, without them :confused: ?

40.png
Amanda22:
I know this may sound like the most stupid question you have ever heard, but I don’t know the answer.
I posted a thread on here about my ouija board use and was advised to pray the rosary. I do not have any rosary beads and have had so much financial burden lately I can’t afford them anytime soon. I would like to follow your advice to seek out help. So is it possible to pray the rosary, without them :confused: ?
Absolutely. However, I’m sure that if you ran down to your nearest Catholic Church there might be a free rosary. At our parish, someone (altar society or school kids?) makes them and leaves them in teh chapel for anyone to take. The nice thing about having beads is that you can lay down or kneel, shut your eyes and still keep track of where you are.

Good advice, Orion. But meanwhile, you can pray the “digital” rosary: Right hand: Left hand: pinky, ring finger, middle finger, index finger, thumb. There are online instructions for praying the rosary here: rosary-center.org/howto.htm And there are sites where you can sit and look at your computer screen and pray along . . . .

40.png
mercygate:
Good advice, Orion. But meanwhile, you can pray the “digital” rosary: Right hand: Left hand: pinky, ring finger, middle finger, index finger, thumb. There are online instructions for praying the rosary here: rosary-center.org/howto.htm And there are sites where you can sit and look at your computer screen and pray along . . . .
I’m laughing as I’ve never heard it called the “digital rosary”. As our parish usually says the rosary before the early Sunday Mass and I often forgot mine, based on what I uttered under my breath it was the “Oh shoot” rosary. But Mercy is right, the beads are the least important part of the devotion.

amanda,
You could also go to a Catholic store in your area and buy a Rosary ring for around 50 cents or so.

I do not have any rosary beads and have had so much financial burden lately I can’t afford them anytime soon. I would like to follow your advice to seek out help. So is it possible to pray the rosary, without them :confused: ?
Try this site to pray the Rosary online (just click on any one of the four mysteries):
smcenter.org/rosary.htm

Also please pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy which can be found here online:
ixeh.net/faith/Divine-M/dm-00.html

Also, ask a local priest who might be able to get you a Rosary at no cost.

Amanda,

If you would like to send me your name and address, I would be glad to mail you a Rosary along with a little card that has all the mysteries and the prayers.

May God Bless you for your efforts.

Dear friend

No, I hardly ever use my Rosary Beads to pray the Holy Rosary or the Divine Mercy Chaplet, God gave me ten fingers so I could pray the them!🙂

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
Amanda22:
You can get very inexpensive rosaries and I woudl also recommend getting a little prayer booklet to follow. I have been known to pray the rosary with by counting on my fingers in a pinch, but this might be more of a challenge for the beginner. Praying the rosary takes a little time to figure out. You can also pray along with the nuns on EWTN. They do it several times per day.

These rosaries are only .49 cents. My little ones have these!
dcp3.com/default.aspx?DeID=37&DIN=37&Dept=Rosaries&CID=143&Ly=3&rc=True&Cat=Plastic+Durable+Cord+and+Egg+Rosaries

Also, I have extra rosaries and prayer books at my home that I would feel honored to send you tomorrow! Not that I am soliciting your address, just trying to help.

Dear Amanda,

You do not need a rosary to pray the rosary, but you can get a beautiful one free by going to this site:
rosaryarmy.com/
You simply click on “general information” & then on “free rosary” in the little box that drops down.
The only thing they request is that you say a prayer for their work distributing rosaries after you receive it.
Or if you would like, I would be happy to crochet a lace one for you; just PM me.
In the meantime, pray on your fingers, or see if you can get one from a Catholic church.
When your rosary comes from the Rosary Army, it will come with very complete instructions for praying.
God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back