Do you know about the pro-life saint, St.Gianna Molla

• Thread starter Thread starter stbruno
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stbruno

The other day on Relevant Catholic Radio, the topic of Terri Schiavo was linked with Blessed Gianna and her relics. So my ears perked up to hear about it.Blessed Gianna Beretta Molla, protectress of mothers and families, died in 1962 as a martyr of maternal love . In September of 1961, at the age of 39, Blessed Gianna was pregnant with her fourth child when physicians diagnosed a large ovarian cyst which required surgery. The surgeon suggested that Gianna undergo an abortion in order to save her own life. Gianna’s decision was prompt and decisive: “I shall accept whatever they will do to me provided they save the child.” She underwent the surgery but her fate was sealed. The following year, on Good Friday, Gianna was admitted to Monza Maternity Hospital. Her daughter, Gianna Emanuela, was born the next day but Blessed Gianna expired seven days later, on April 28, 1962.
People pray to her as one to help bring peace & serenity in families. Her relics travel weekly and gloves belonging to her were brought to the bedside of Terri Schiavo and placed on her body. The agitated Terri immediately was calmed. You can read more about the wonderful 20th century saint at gianna.org I hope you find it as fascinating as I have to read more about this marvelous saint. Her children and her husband are both very much alive and witnessing to her great faith.

There is a maternity home named for her in North Dakota. Here is a article from the Fargo diocesan newspaper.

Her life is a beautiful witness.

👍 Thank you for sharing this info…always great to hear about saintly role models! I will share this with the other volunteers at our local Birthright! Thanks again!
Mom

“…a person’s a person, no matter how small…” Horton, Horton Hears a Who, Dr. Seuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back