Do you pray when your are stressed, worn out, just plain old tired?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jade

When you are tired, worn out or just plain stressed, do you pray, and if so, do you find it helpful?

Personally, I pray most any time I can, especially when I’m tired and down. While I may not feel engergized after (although there are times when I do) I generally feel very peaceful. Like I have been able to lean on my closest friend. Most times, there is not a word spoken between us.

Why do you think we find refuge in prayer during these times? Or at any time for that matter?

thanks in advance for your responses!

Jade.

40.png
Jade:
When you are tired, worn out or just plain stressed, do you pray, and if so, do you find it helpful?

Personally, I pray most any time I can, especially when I’m tired and down. While I may not feel engergized after (although there are times when I do) I generally feel very peaceful. Like I have been able to lean on my closest friend. Most times, there is not a word spoken between us.

Why do you think we find refuge in prayer during these times? Or at any time for that matter?

thanks in advance for your responses!

Jade.
Dear Jade

Thank you this is a lovely thread.

I pray all the time and to do this I just remember I am in the presence of God. I pray when I’m tired, fed up sad, happy glad, no real emotion either way etc etc etc. I pray constantly because my life relies on the Almighty One to who I pray and I can’t imagine how I used to live my life without praying constantly, but I did when I was a ‘child’ in my faith although I was an adult, now my faith has matured I can’t go without prayer for a minute and I constantly crave the company of Christ Jesus, the Holy Spirit, God the Father and our Mother Mary as well as the saints and angels.

That all might sound a bit silly, I can’t really explain it other than like this, to not talk (pray) would be like asking me to stop talking to my family. I can’t do that, Jesus is my family, the Holy Trinity and all those in Heaven is my family and I talk to them all the time, no matter how I am feeling. Obviosuly I sleep at some point in 24 hours but I can’t sleep before I pray.

I suppose when you love someone you are yourself with them and you want to be with them all the time, you want to talk to them and share everything with them, you want to be with them and them with you. I love Jesus and I want to be with Him, I want to run to Him when I am hurt and tell Him all about it, I want to tell Him I love Him and talk to Him about all sorts of things. Prayer to me is just a conversation where I listen and sometimes say nothing at all although my heart speaks and sometimes I speak and He listens. Because I love Him I want to please Him and so I try, though sometimes I fail, to do all that He asks of me. Because I love Him I thank Him and praise Him.

All the time in the day is not enough to pray enough, so I make every second count and pray as much as I can in small ways thorugh work and duties as well by offering everything to God, even the things I have not done well. I really try to pray unceasingly and the more I discipline myself and train myself to this, the more time I spend in it, it really is forming the habit of praying unceasingly.

As you say Jade, in prayer is peace and I have never experienced a peace like it. There is no peace like that of Jesus.

That’s just my thoughts and the way it goes for me with prayer.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I too pray all the time. Sometimes just to say hi to God. I know that seems wierd, but I like to talk to my father as well. I would call him just to say hi and see how he was doing. Because God is our Father, I like to say hi to Him as well.

I do like to pray to him when I am feeling tired for strength. Sometimes when I get frustrated, I leave it in His hands. I just say, “God I don’t quite know what your plan for me is yet, but I leave it in your hands and accept whatever choice you make for me.” This is such a relief at times. I know that our Heavenly Father is there in good times and in bad.

God Bless all of you. And by the way, what a good thread!!!

I have been making praying the rosary every day a habit and sometimes it is very hard but it is the best Spiritual Habit I know and has brought me peace and strenghened my faith. years ago I would say in the morning “Lord what I do this day I offer for your greater glory and good pleasure, please aid me so what I do may be worthy of you”. This morning offering seemed to make the day go better and sometimes if I would forget the day seemed to go very wrong. God Bless

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear Jade

Thank you this is a lovely thread.

I suppose when you love someone you are yourself with them and you want to be with them all the time, you want to talk to them and share everything with them, you want to be with them and them with you. I love Jesus and I want to be with Him, I want to run to Him when I am hurt and tell Him all about it, I want to tell Him I love Him and talk to Him about all sorts of things. Prayer to me is just a conversation where I listen and sometimes say nothing at all although my heart speaks and sometimes I speak and He listens. Because I love Him I want to please Him and so I try, though sometimes I fail, to do all that He asks of me. Because I love Him I thank Him and praise Him.

…There is no peace like that of Jesus.

Teresa
Dear Teresa,

Your most welcome! Your discription of running to Jesus, being yourself around Him…you could not have captured my feelings with better acuracy. Thank YOU! It is so refreshing to be aware that others feel the same intense relationship with our Lord.
And to your comment about there is no peace like that of Jesus- Amen!!

Thanks for your wonderful post!

Peace be with you, dear friend!

Jade

Thanks for the great replies! Keep them coming!

Peace be upon you!

jade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back