Do You Really Trust Jesus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JamalChristophr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sometimes feel fake if I say “Jesus I Trust in You” at the bottom of the Divine Mercy image, but perhaps it is meant to build our trust at the same time.

Sometimes, it seems to me that people who had strong relationships with their parents can trust more easily than others. Maybe I’m just making excuses.

And is it also, not a Grace that Jesus builds in us and can give us in time when we ask him for this grace?
Oh, absolutely! Trust and an even greater trust is an on-going process. Jesus, Who sees the depths of our heart already knows when/if we are weak in that department (and it happens to everyone or we’d all be saints!) Coincidentally, we had a homily a few weeks ago that really stuck when our pastor told us something that goes like this. “Trust in the Lord is knowing and believing He will not destroy us.” (He repeated it three times.) Sounded rather odd the first time, but my “self” understood a different level upon reflection. I think it goes back to our basic survival instincts at birth. God only sees our goodwill efforts and desire to trust Him explicitly. I believe when we ask for a greater virtue, He cannot be anything but eager to accommodate us. Blessings to you!
 
I think my trust has wavered about half of my 63 years. It was strongest from birth to 16, then weak again until my son was born and grew stronger until a series of tragedies almost destroyed my faith for 20 years. I am trying to renew that trust because I have nothing left.
Keep it up 7 Sorrows!I think sometimes Jesus takes away everything from a soul in order to make it turn to Him. When I waver I sometimes think back to what Peter said, “to whom shall we go…”

It sounds like your live has indeed been full of plenty tears of one kind or another.
 
Keep it up 7 Sorrows!I think sometimes Jesus takes away everything from a soul in order to make it turn to Him. When I waver I sometimes think back to what Peter said, “to whom shall we go…”

It sounds like your live has indeed been full of plenty tears of one kind or another.
“to whom shall we go” - when there is no one else to trust is exactly where I was at. Even though I want to trust, there is still a part of me that is afraid of totally letting go and trusting. When you have been let down by so many others…
Thanks for your post.🙂
 
I think my trust has wavered about half of my 63 years. It was strongest from birth to 16, then weak again until my son was born and grew stronger until a series of tragedies almost destroyed my faith for 20 years. I am trying to renew that trust because I have nothing left.
My heart hurts for you - I think that happens to a lot of people. My daughter was killed in a car accident 3 months ago. I am so thankful that (and I truly believe this was God’s merciful intercession) my faith and trust came to my rescue. I am embarrassed/so sad to say that I allowed my “life” to become more important than my faith development. Well, this shook me to my core. My first thought was “is my sweet daughter ready to meet our Lord?”. My second thought was “Am I?”.

God works in truly mysterious ways. I know it was time for my daughter to meet with Jesus and my lesson learned was just a by-product of His will. Still, I think we all can use life events to truly reflect on our faith and I am thankful that He was here for me. I am not sure how I would have made it otherwise.

7Sorrows, I wish I understood why you had to suffer through so much. Please continue to pray for strength. One day you, as well as I, will understand ALL and in the meantime we just fight to not let the devil (who slithers quietly into our headsto put doubts and negativity in our minds) influence us but, rather, to ask God for help and an understanding of where we go from here.

Sincere hugs to you, my friend.
 
My heart hurts for you - I think that happens to a lot of people. My daughter was killed in a car accident 3 months ago. I am so thankful that (and I truly believe this was God’s merciful intercession) my faith and trust came to my rescue. I am embarrassed/so sad to say that I allowed my “life” to become more important than my faith development. Well, this shook me to my core. My first thought was “is my sweet daughter ready to meet our Lord?”. My second thought was “Am I?”.

God works in truly mysterious ways. I know it was time for my daughter to meet with Jesus and my lesson learned was just a by-product of His will. Still, I think we all can use life events to truly reflect on our faith and I am thankful that He was here for me. I am not sure how I would have made it otherwise.

7Sorrows, I wish I understood why you had to suffer through so much. Please continue to pray for strength. One day you, as well as I, will understand ALL and in the meantime we just fight to not let the devil (who slithers quietly into our headsto put doubts and negativity in our minds) influence us but, rather, to ask God for help and an understanding of where we go from here.

Sincere hugs to you, my friend.
Thank you dmftx. I am sorry that you lost your daughter 3 months ago in a traffic accident. I can’t imagine the sorrow of going through what you have felt. I am glad your faith is strong to help you through this.
:hug3:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top