Do your friends know?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jay74
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay74

I wanted to share this with you, for those of you who have not seen it. I believe the author was a protestant, but in any case, it says a lot. Many of you have probably seen it before, but for those of you who haven’t–enjoy. 🙂

My the Lord bless you all.​

My Friend
by D. J. Higgins​

My friend, I stand in judgment now
And feel that you’re to blame somehow
While on this earth I walked with you day by day
And never did you point the way

You knew the Lord in truth and glory
But never did you tell the story
My knowledge then was very dim
You could have led me safe to him

Though we lived together here on earth
You never told me of your second birth
And now I stand this day condemned
Because you failed to mention him

You taught me many things, that’s true
I called you friend and trusted you
But now I learned, now it’s too late
You could have kept me from this fate

We walked by day and talked by night
And yet you showed me not the light
You let me live, love and die
And all the while you knew I’d never live on high

Yes, I called you friend in life
And trusted you in joy and strife
Yet in coming to this end
I see you really weren’t my friend

How many of your friends and family know that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? Do you love them enough to tell them how to get to heaven? Do you love Him enough to tell them?​

:bible1: ❤️ :gopray2:

I do not like this poem. We are not responsible for another person’s salvation. That is just plain silly! Each of us has free will and the ability to seek God. This poem is just too weird for words. Sorry - but it sure seems like a protestant wrote it - those protestant that feel compelled to lead people to Christ (which is not a bad thing) and lead them in the sinners prayer and then claim to have ‘saved another person.’ It is God that gives us our salvation, not another person by having us say the sinners prayer…and blaming us after death for us not having had them say it.

Sorry - now I am finished ranting! :o

40.png
chimakuni:
I do not like this poem.
Sorry
40.png
chimakuni:
We are not responsible for another person’s salvation. That is just plain silly! Each of us has free will and the ability to seek God. This poem is just too weird for words.
True we are not responsible for another’s salvation, but it’s not silly to tell someone about Jesus.
40.png
chimakuni:
Sorry - but it sure seems like a protestant wrote it - those protestant that feel compelled to lead people to Christ (which is not a bad thing) and lead them in the sinners prayer and then claim to have ‘saved another person.’ It is God that gives us our salvation, not another person by having us say the sinners prayer…and blaming us after death for us not having had them say it.
I’m sure glad someone told me about Jesus, or I may have never found Him. We can’t “save” someone else, but it doesn’t hurt to tell our friends about our Lord.
40.png
chimakuni:
Sorry - now I am finished ranting! :o
Nothing to forgive. Dialogue is good.

God bless

Oh, I am not saying that we should not tell others about Christ! On the contrary, we are charged with telling others about Christ. It is just that this poem puts the onus on the person who did not tell his friend about Christ. I frequently tell others about Christ - by my actions…“Preach the gospel and when necessary, use words.” St. Francis of Assisi

40.png
Jay74:
I

We walked by day and talked by night
And yet you showed me not the light
You let me live, love and die
And all the while you knew I’d never live on high

Yes, I called you friend in life
And trusted you in joy and strife
Yet in coming to this end
I see you really weren’t my friend

How many of your friends and family know that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? Do you love them enough to tell them how to get to heaven? Do you love Him enough to tell them?​

:bible1: ❤️ :gopray2:
The key phrase that jumped at me was:

When we tell people about Jesus, his teaching, yes we could keep him from this fate. However the ulimated decision is the person we are talking to, because, as mentioned, we all have free will.

40.png
Faustina:
When we tell people about Jesus, his teaching, yes we could keep him from this fate. However the ulimated decision is the person we are talking to, because, as mentioned, we all have free will.
Precisely! We can’t save another, but their chance of finding Jesus is greater if someone they trust tells them He is the Way.

Blessings

Before one “tells” one about the Lord one should be acting and living as the Lord calls us. In college I spent some time in a fundamentalist group. One reason I was there was some of the people truly acted like followers of Christ. Once I was in, I noticed others were just interested in telling folks how they should live. I have noticed a great deal of the latter on some of the threads here. Jesus lived to show us that we are to love everyone always - even the ones torturing us - that is how the Church grew. People are naturally attracted to this compassion, and it is only manifested by a person filled with the Holy Spirit.

Preach the gospel daily, only use words if necessary.

Peace of Christ be in you,

Nod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back