Does Adoration really help to get rid of your worries?

• Thread starter Thread starter Flopfoot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flopfoot

I saw an ‘ad’ in a church bulletin saying to come to Adoration to get rid of your worries. I always knew that Adoration is a good devotion but never heard of it having that effect before. Does it really get rid of your worries?

I have heard miraculous tales of people brought back to the church by the presence of Christ in the Adoration chapel.

I haven’t noticed any miraculous events when I attend adoration, but sitting in Jesus’ presence does help put things into perspective. He says many things such as “cast all your cares on me, for I care for you.”
Meditating on His passion or on scripture can help keep our minds on what they should be on.

Catholics are said to be pessimists in the short run and optimists in the long run. It’s hard to be really worried when we remember that God is in charge of our lives.

I would have to agree with that. It’s more of a “OK then” peace than anything miraculous.

In Adoration of Christ, physically present in the Holy Eucharist, we are asked to give him our all. To give Him all our troubles, trials, crosses and graces. But not as a grocery list nor a litany. We are simply asked to come to Him ‘as we are’ and “I will give you rest”. As one might peer into the face of a loved one with warm thoughts of affection and love, we are called to gaze upon Him. He who gave us life and layed down His Life that we might have Life and have it more abundantly. He has made a covenant with us and we are called to make a covenant with Him. A covenant is an agreement that all that you are and all that you have belongs to the one with whom you have made the covenant. Therefore in Adoration of Jesus you make your covenant an act. You give you and yours to Him and He gives you Himself. He who is PEACE, LOVE and JOY gives you peace, love and joy. Yes it is true. As true as we give our permission for it to be. I pray you find the Hugs in Adoration. That is the Heal Us God, for we are broken, Hold Us God for we need Your protection, Help Us God for we cannot go on alone. Everyone needs HUGS! Everyone needs GOD. Let us encourage everyone to spend one hour with Him in Adoration.

I had a very specific gift of peace in adoration. It happened four years ago. I had been anxious for months that my husband was going to leave me. The anxiety was becoming a constant state. One day–it was the national night of prayer to end abortion, I went to adoration without the usual meditations and prayer books I usually bring. I was “talking” to Jesus about my fears, when I had a inner locution in which Jesus told me he would take care of me and kids. He didn’t promise that my dh would stay, but that no matter what happened, we would be in His care. It still took a few weeks to let go of the anxiety, but I did. And, just letting go of the anxiety made our homelife much better.

By the way, our marriage is doing great–stronger than ever!!! Praise God!!!

A friend corrects me. I post his correction here with thanks, for
that is Jesus but not physically.

Just one small correction, John,

in the Most Blessed Sacrament, CHRIST is not **physically ** present - that would be in His resurrected body - but substantially, flesh and blood, body and soul, humanity and divinity, under the guise or appearance of bread or wine. Since the physical properties such as looks, smell, taste etc are still those of bread and wine, CHRIST is not physically, but substantially present in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

Peace and all good or pax et bonum,

Wilfried

I remember not long time ago (a couple of months) I struggled with some issues related to the project I am involved with. At that time I spent a lot of time at work as well as at home working on it. It really felt like a heavy burden placed on my shoulders. Everyone told me to smile and cheer up but the project was really getting the worst of me. Then one day, going to work, I just simply said: “Jesus I need your help, I think I am not going anywhere with this”. The next think I sensed was that all this burden was lifted up as if the problems I faced did not exist.
I do believe that if we sincerely ask Jesus to help us and even offer our struggles for some intentions (souls in the purgatory, suffering people, vocations, etc), He would take them as if they are a form of prayer.
Also, anytime I visit the Blessed Sacrament chappel I feel refreshed as if I talk to my best friend about things that bother me.

Christ has worked wonderful miracles in me during Adoration more times than I can remember…anytime I can spend physically with my Lord and Savior is enough to put me at everlasting peace.

40.png
Flopfoot:
I saw an ‘ad’ in a church bulletin saying to come to Adoration to get rid of your worries. I always knew that Adoration is a good devotion but never heard of it having that effect before. Does it really get rid of your worries?
I would think anybody praying in God’s real presence in adoration would bring peace to their soul, if they are focused. Adoration certainly does that for me.

I often mentally plan a lesson or project, or think about a problem to be solved, or plan how to deal with a difficult phone call or personal contact when I am with the Blessed Sacrament. That changes fruitless, damaging worry into constructive planning and prayerful decision making.

Appearing before God in person, for me, is and has been a wonderful experience.

Many other people have said the same thing.

I recommend it as a regular practice… for a few minutes daily or weekly, or whenever anyone passes by the church or chapel…

…or even better, to sign up for a regular weekly “shift” as one’s personal holy hour. People are always coming and going, in terms of moving in and out of the community, etc, so the organizers are always looking for “replacements” to help out.

And to specifically answer your question, it’s not so much as the worries are gotten rid of… it’s more like … acquiring a totally different perspective… sometimes problems seem to “melt away”… other times, I get ideas for creative ways to regard various "issues’… very hard to describe…

But, I must not be the only one having these kinds of experiences, judging from the constant parade of people who come to spend a few minutes with Jesus…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back