Does anyone have concerns about the Holy Love MInistries in Elyria Ohio?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kate1015
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kate1015

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

A friend from Bible study brought us all information about the Holy Love Ministries which claims to have had numerous apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Jesus and the saints.

Two red flags went up immediately w/ the information she shared w/ us.
  1. they say that the Blessed VIrgin Mary speaks of “the promise of an era to come spoken of at Garabandal.” I’ve done enough reading to know that the local bishop with authority over Garabandal has stated that nothing supernatural has happened there. It is my understanding that anyone who speaks of the claimed appiritions of Garabandal is setting themselves in opposition with the authority of the bishop there.
  2. in their printed material they call themselves an ecumenical ministry and say "We do not, nor have we ever sought affiliation with the Diocese of Cleveland. As an ecumenical ministry, we do not seek their approbation and are not under the jurisdiction of the Diocesan authority (my italics). This is very troubling. It does not seem logical that the Mother of the Church would give her blessing to a group that proudly sets itself outside the authority of the Church.
It seems to me that in these difficult times, the way to seek truth and avoid heresy is to cling to the authority of the Church. Jesus has alway told the true mystics and visionaries to be obediant to those in authority in the Church .

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I ask your prayers as I discern the best way to charitably address this w/ my friend. Kate

I used to live in the Cleveland diocese. Initially they did not bill themselves as an ecumenical ministry. That claim came about after Bishop Pilla issued a statement about Holy Love Ministries as many Catholics were attending their services. A copy of the Bishop’s letter can be found on the website www.apparitions.org. Look at the year 1985 and click on the B to see a copy of his letter.
Is your friend Catholic? I would show her a copy of the letter and remind her that the local Bishop has the responsibility to investigate these claims of supernatural events. We can not go wrong by following his lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back