Does anyone know what this means

• Thread starter Thread starter jillisamarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jillisamarie

What is word of knowlege? I’ve never read about it in catholic teaching, but I would like to be directed to anyone who knows what it is? Jillisamarie

Are you referring to the charismatic gift “word of knowledge”? Or something else? Could you give some context of where you first heard the term?

Josh

“Word of knowledge,” as in I (eg. Pat Robinson from the 700 Club) have received a word of knowledge, “there is someone out there who has a brain tumor.”" refers to a devine revelation; God just gave me a revelation about something, eg. At least that is what the “televangelists” mean. :rolleyes:

40.png
threej_lc:
Are you referring to the charismatic gift “word of knowledge”? Or something else? Could you give some context of where you first heard the term?

Josh
I’ve heard of it from Catholic people. I suppose it would be a Charasmatic gift, altho’ I have never read about it in the gifts of the spirit. I know it’s purpose is to help someone. well, answer the question as tho’ it were quite personal to yourself. For instance what if someone would repeat something you though;and say this would happen for an extended period of time, so you suspected “word of knowlege” being given to another. In that context, how would you explain what it is for?
I hope Im being clear. Jillisamarie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back