Does God love us all equally?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

Does God love some more than others? For example the Jews in the old testament were favored over others. Does God love some of us more than others, if so why?

I’ve read that God loves pure souls more than others. I believe I read that in St. Faustina’s Diary. I’ve read similar things in other books. So the moral of the story is: Go to confession frequently!

God is the Father of us all and loves us all equally. Some please him more than others, such as the saints, and to some, more has been given, for example, the Jews of the old testament and Christians who have the priviledge to know the power of His presence in the Holy Eucharist.

Didn’t Jesus say somewhere that to whom much is given, much will be expected. Now that is intimidating. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

I think so. I think of it this way, just like a parent here on earth, God might be proud of us or dissappointed in us, but that doesn’t mean he loves us more or less. Could God think we’re making the wrong decision? Yes. But if someone you truly love makes a mistake small or big, you still love them. So in my heart of hearts I believe God loves us all equally no matter what.

40.png
dizzy_dave:
Does God love some more than others? For example the Jews in the old testament were favored over others. Does God love some of us more than others, if so why?
I think the story of the “Prodigal Son” answers your question.🙂

I think sometimes what is confusing is the difference between God’s love for us and the distribution of God’s gifts and graces.

Not all of us have the same gifts, some receive more graces than others. We should try not to confuse the two. Just because someone is gifted differently than us does not mean God loves us any less.

We should try not to equate God’s love for us by how much we receive here on earth.

Dunno.

Do you think Jesus especially loves His mother?

What about the disciple whom He loved?

How much must Jesus have loved Mary, Martha, and Lazarus, to have raised him from the dead?

To repeat: I dunno,
tee
❤️

are you serious? i think its quite evident that He loves the irish more than you others. not that He dosen’t love y’all, its just to a lesser degree. (you can still join us in heaven, of course.)

What about Jacob and Esau (and we can interpret the word “hate” to mean “love less”)?..“Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.”

JELane

Funky Cedars…Finally, someone here with an Irish sense of humor. I love it. 😃

On a serious note, God’s eternal love is there for everyone equally. It’s up to us to decide what kind of relationship we want to have with him. The more we know him, the more we become aware of his eternal love for us.

It’s the other way around - some of us love him more that other’s do.

Shannin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back