Does God's positive will change? Seeking advice as a single

  • Thread starter Thread starter onegirlinchrist
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

onegirlinchrist

Guest
It seems to me that God willed something for my life, but due to someone else’s choice…it didn’t happen. Catholics who have been single for some time can likely relate to what I’ve experienced. I feel like I already met my intended husband, but he chose to abandon his faith and values; we are not together, and I feel prevented from fulfilling my own vocation in a sense. While of course I don’t know God’s will with 100% certainty, I’ve been extremely prayerful about this issue, and time and again the above interpretation of events comes to mind.

Can God positively will that I marry someone else, or even enter the religious life now that this person is likely out of the picture for good? I’m finding it extremely difficult to move forward, so strong was the impression that I was supposed to marry this particular person. Marrying someone else or the consecrated life would feel like a departure from God’s original plan for my life. But I suppose God’s positive will can change because of someone else’s free choices, right?

Thoughts?
 
It seems to me that God willed something for my life, but due to someone else’s choice…it didn’t happen. Catholics who have been single for some time can likely relate to what I’ve experienced. I feel like I already met my intended husband, but he chose to abandon his faith and values; we are not together, and I feel prevented from fulfilling my own vocation in a sense. While of course I don’t know God’s will with 100% certainty, I’ve been extremely prayerful about this issue, and time and again the above interpretation of events comes to mind.

Can God positively will that I marry someone else, or even enter the religious life now that this person is likely out of the picture for good? I’m finding it extremely difficult to move forward, so strong was the impression that I was supposed to marry this particular person. Marrying someone else or the consecrated life would feel like a departure from God’s original plan for my life. But I suppose God’s positive will can change because of someone else’s free choices, right?

Thoughts?
God’s Will does no change; it is perfect. Through prayer, we can come to understand God’s Will and why He did/didn’t allow some things in our lives to work out. Through knowing and understanding His Will, we shape our own to be the same. I encourage you to pray about it often! 🙂 God bless!
 
Are you familiar with Our Lady of Fatima? She appeared to 3 shepherd children in 1917 and asked for sacrifices for the conversion of sinners and peace in this world. Her message is just as relevant today as it was then.

If you are working every day for this intention, offering your joys, sorrows and sufferings, for the conversion of sinners and peace in this world, in union with the sufferings of Christ, you are already changing the course of history. You are earning a gold crown in heaven as you work the vineyard of Christ who will come to judge the living and the dead. Every other ‘thing’, whether we get married or not, plays only a secondary role to this. Are we loving God when we get up and are tired? Putting up with our neighbor or coworker, even being kind to him, these are all efforts to be offered to God. We have a thousand moments in the course of a day to be united with Christ. So never think you’ve maybe missed your destiny. No. But maybe that person who left the faith has missed his. He has become ‘unplugged’ from the power of God. Continue on, asking for continued faith, strength, help to meet the challenges of the day. Who knows where God will take you. Marriage? Maybe. You can trust God with your tomorrows.

God bless you and keep you close to His Heart today and all tomorrows.
 
Can God positively will that I marry someone else, or even enter the religious life now that this person is likely out of the picture for good? I’m finding it extremely difficult to move forward, so strong was the impression that I was supposed to marry this particular person. Marrying someone else or the consecrated life would feel like a departure from God’s original plan for my life. But I suppose God’s positive will can change because of someone else’s free choices, right?

Thoughts?
theveilofchastity.com/a-missed-vocation-of-marriage/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top