Maybe this should be another thread, but this comment got me to thinking.
I am a very introverted person with a very people-intensive job, and quite frankly I spend a lot of my day deeply irritated.

I don’t want to – it makes me feel guilty and it’s tiring, and when I can’t hide it it’s not good for other people either. (Yes, it gets mentioned every time I go to Confession!)
Much of the time I can take a deep breath, or grit my teeth, or even relax and say a prayer and react charitably. But sometimes I have to “think on my feet,” as it were, and my instantaneous, almost physical reaction of irritation comes through. I know the various reasons for my irritation – largely because of my introversion, but also because of my pride, in that I get irked when people try to “put me in my place” or talk down to me – and I’m struggling with them all.
I do agree that the feelings are natural and a proper response is Christian – sometimes I think doing something good *against *my inclination is better, in that it helps me to grow and to chip away at those inclinations – but any advice about how to learn to react more charitably in situations where you don’t have time to take a time out?