Does JPII have the Keys to Heaven?

• Thread starter Thread starter RomanRyan1088
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RomanRyan1088

Does JPII have the Keys to Heaven? Or did Peter take them with him?
Code:
              and
Does he have this power?
whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Good question.

If St. Peter took them, is that why he is still in all the funny papers and movies sitting on a cloud outside heaven’s gates (listening to people who come and deciding whether they get in and if so which mansion is theirs)? Or is that silly and not in the Bible (sola scriptura)?

Does any person or Pope have and keep them? Or do the keys belong to the Roman Catholic Church (with the Pope at the head)? Or do they belong to the Catholic Church (in a broader sense to include Orthodox and Eastern Rites)?

I will keep an eye on this thread. I’d like to know.

well the keys represent the authority vested in the holder by God, so i guess the pope still holds the keys.

Now why would Christ share His authority only to have it die out when the apostles die? Then who has the authority?

Of course this is not true. Scripture records how Paul passed on his Apostolic authority to Timothy and Titus. Mark and Luke had the Apostolic authority (wrote two gospels!) and were not Apostles.

So obviously, yes, the successors to the Apostles DO have the apostolic authority, and since Pope John Paul II is a successor of Peter, then he still has the keys.

40.png
BobCatholic:
Now why would Christ share His authority only to have it die out when the apostles die? Then who has the authority?

Of course this is not true. Scripture records how Paul passed on his Apostolic authority to Timothy and Titus. Mark and Luke had the Apostolic authority (wrote two gospels!) and were not Apostles.

So obviously, yes, the successors to the Apostles DO have the apostolic authority, and since Pope John Paul II is a successor of Peter, then he still has the keys.
Mathew 16 is supported by Isaah 22…the keys to the kingdom are given by the king to the prime minister’s office. Jesus the King gives the keys of the Kingdom to the Prime Apostle, Peter. His office, when vacant, will be filled, and the successor will receive the keys.

Also…“whatsoever you bind…”

1] Know that all Truth has existed for all time and is unchanged and unchanging. Jesus is the Truth.

2] All truth is present in heaven.

3] Now think of the verse translated this way… “Whatsoever you shall bind on earth, shall have been bound in heaven, and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall have been loosed in heave.”

4] The Pope, the holder of the keys, cannot bind or loose a lie. He can only bind or loose (infallible proclamation) that which already is true. Guided and protected by the Holy Spirit, he will be prevented from teaching error in matters of faith and morals (truth)

MrShttp://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

40.png
RomanRyan1088:
Does JPII have the Keys to Heaven? Or did Peter take them with him?

and

Does he have this power?
whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven./QU

The keys are a spritual symbol, not physcial.

40.png
MrS:
Mathew 16 is supported by Isaah 22…the keys to the kingdom are given by the king to the prime minister’s office. Jesus the King gives the keys of the Kingdom to the Prime Apostle, Peter. His office, when vacant, will be filled, and the successor will receive the keys.
Wow! Isaiah 22:22-25. That shows the pattern that becomes fulfilled by Matthew 16:18. You Catholics need to use Isaiah 22 more often to show Matthew 16:18 when talking with us Baptists.

I see the truth in that even before I read the Catholic footnote to Matthew 16:18. And of course, I never saw that because Protestant Bibles wouldn’t put that in their marginal footnotes.

Satan, I’m going to take back what the devil stole from me.

Historical question: When did (King David’s) peg fixed in a sure spot give way, break off and fall?

40.png
jmm08:
. . .
Historical question: When did (King David’s) peg fixed in a sure spot give way, break off and fall?
Maybe when the earthquake rent the Temple veil. Matthew 27:51

Just a quick thought off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back