Does the Devil, himself, really tempt people?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sir_Knight
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sir_Knight

Does the Devil, himself, actually tempt people? I’m asking about Satan directly. I know that his demons do but does the devil himself also do it or does he leave that to his fallen angels while he concentrates on ‘bigger’ matters such as trying to destroy the church, raising up an anti-christ, etc.

In the Saint Andrew story, it is said that satan was coming back from tempting the brethren. He could not tempt Saint Andrew because of his humility.

How would Satan destroy the Church or raise up the anti-Christ without tempting people? He has no real power other than to destroy something spiritually, i.e. through temptation. And he cannot tempt “the Church” as if it were a separate entity, but must tempt those who make up the Church, individually. He may concentrate on those with more influence, so that they can do the job for him and tempt others, but he most definitely tempts people. Remember that he tempted Christ in the Gospels even before he knew that Christ was the Messiah.

The devil does go around the world seeking the ruin of souls. It is up to you whether you allow him to enter through sin.You will always be tempted as Jesus was. The closer you come to the Lord the more the attacks. What you have to realize as a child of God is that satan has already been defeated. Just speak Gods Word to the enemy and he will flee. Also make sure you put the armour of God see Ephesians ch 6]on dayly,if not you will lose the battle.Soldiers of Christ do not do battle without Gods Armour. :eek:

oh yes Virginia, as sure as there is Christmas, the Devil is out there doing what he does best…

make no mistake, no soul is too insignificant for him/her?

be watchful, be on guard, be wise, be insured!.. sorry, had to add that last part…

Peace 👍

Taking into consideration the number of people in the world and that Satan is not God which means he can’t be in multiple places at the same time, ti would stand to reason that it would be impossible for Satan to tempt most people – instead, I would assume, that he would devote his efforts to key individuals AND his demons would to tempting the rest of us.

He tempted Christ in the desert, but if you resist, he will flee!

The Devil himself is NOT omnipresent like God is, so the Devil can only go to one place at a time and thus tempt one person directly at a time.

Since the Devil is not omnipresent, the devil would have to work within the current time frame, but God already knows Satan’s plan.
(God is outside time and looks at all of creation like a murale painting).

go with God!
Edwin

Joe Kelley:
Ask Adam and Eve. 😉
Satan went to Adam and Eve first because they were the first to human beings, so it was easy to find them.

I think we feel temptation because of our fallen nature, not because the devil is actually tempting us physically, although he can, like in the case of Job and Christ. We like to blame the devil, because that is an easy cop-out. He probably likes the credit too. Satan is dangerous, and shouldn’t be taken lightly. He seeks the ruin of souls, and he and the demons roam the earth, trying to make us fall. But “greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back