Does Top Ramen count as meat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeanne71350
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeanne71350

Guest
Hi all,

I was wondering if Top Ramen: noodle soup that is flavored like chicken and beef but dosen’t have any meat is ok to eat. Top Ramen is a simple light lunch perfect for not going overboard during Lent.

Thanks!

-Jeanne
 
Hi all,

I was wondering if Top Ramen: noodle soup that is flavored like chicken and beef but dosen’t have any meat is ok to eat. Top Ramen is a simple light lunch perfect for not going overboard during Lent.

Thanks!

-Jeanne
Sounds fine if it’s just flavour. 👍
 
Hi all,

I was wondering if Top Ramen: noodle soup that is flavored like chicken and beef but dosen’t have any meat is ok to eat. Top Ramen is a simple light lunch perfect for not going overboard during Lent.

Thanks!

-Jeanne
Fr. Vincent Serpa says meat broth is allowed on days of abstinence. Source]

Jimmy Akin says meat broth is allowed. Source] He also gives the prohibition on soups made from meat in the 1917 Code of Canon Law. (It changed with the current Code.)

American Catholic says meat broth is allowed. Source]

My only question is, does Top Ramen really count as food??? 🙂
 
I thought the ingredients included chicken fat, or dehydrated chicken powder, or something. But if chicken broth is okay, than that might be okay too.
 
It would count as a snack, wouldn’t it?
Not if you eat it for lunch. Then it counts as lunch.

Don’t they make one with shrimp too? Sounds nasty to me although I love shrimp.

I like the cup of noodles kind…California Vegetable.
 
Fr. Vincent Serpa says meat broth is allowed on days of abstinence. Source]

Jimmy Akin says meat broth is allowed. Source] He also gives the prohibition on soups made from meat in the 1917 Code of Canon Law. (It changed with the current Code.)

American Catholic says meat broth is allowed. Source]

My only question is, does Top Ramen really count as food??? 🙂
Yeah, that is my question, is Top Ramen really food? 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top