Does your parish know about Divine Mercy?

• Thread starter Thread starter Miss_Piggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Miss_Piggy

For the last few years, I have been working to make known the great graces available on the Feast of Divine Mercy. I was wondering how many pastors out there have instructed their parishioners on the requirements necessary to receive those graces? For instance, will your parish display a picture of the Divine Mercy image for veneration? Will there be more priests available for confession leading up to this Sunday? Have they made known the Chaplet of Divine Mercy? Have they preached about it? Have they made known the Novena that should have been started on Good Friday? Do you even known about it? If you are unfamiliar with St. Faustina and the messages Jesus gave her for the world, I would recommend www.marian.org/divinemercy. I’m curious to know if the message is spreading in other parts of the country. If you are unaware of the Divine Mercy message, you’ll want to check it out immediately.

Yep, we’re having a special mass & devotional service at 3pm.

Our church has a large statue of the Divine Mercy in our narthex and it is surrounded by well stocked racks of Divine Mercy information and tracts. In our chapel, we have a pair of beautiful paintings hung side by side: One depicts St. Juan Diego holding up the miraculous tilma with the image of Our Lady of Gaudalupe. The other painting shows the view from the perspective of Juan Diego: The bishop of Mexico City and his servants are shown looking at the tilma with wonder and awe. Behind them, looking on in love, is Jesus, as the Divine Mercy.

Our pastor often referers to St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy message in his homilies, and we are having a special service this Sunday as well. We apparently have a group of dedicated individuals in our parish who are enthusiastically promoting this beautiful devotion. God bless them and you,

Thanks to a very devout parishoner we are having a Divine Mercy Sunday but unfortunately our pastor is opting out. How sad. I am hoping that he at least mentions something about it during his homily. We will be praying the rosary, the chaplet, and adoration at the tabernacle and veneration of the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back