Donation for Spiritual Direction

• Thread starter Thread starter RCF
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RCF

Hello. I am a lay person about to begin seeing a spiritual director. I am told that it is sometimes appropriate, but never mandatory, to leave a monetary donation with onces spiritual director when meeting with him. It has been made clear that money is not the focus, and I understand this. However, if it’s customary, I’d like to do it. I don’t want to give too much or too little, either of which would be uncomfortable to the spiritual director, I believe. Can anybody give any advice as to what amount might be appropriate…or even a reasonable range? Thank you and God bless.

RCF

I think if you contacted your Diocesan Office they would be able to guide you if you put your questions to them. Here in Australia we have what is known by the rather formitable and intimidating title ‘The Spirituality Office’ through which one can contact experienced directors; however even if you diocese does not have such a department or office, I am sure somebody in your own office would be able to guide you. The Spirituality Office in my diocese, incidentally, is not at all formitable and intimidating . . . only the title, and I do wish they would change it. It took me months before I got up the courage to ring them and simply because the title somewhat overwhelmed me.:bible1:

Good luck! . . . and may Easter unfold for you joyously.

Hi fellow Aussie,

I agree. You should find out what is acceptable in your area, and order. I don’t recommend giving it to the priest though. I might ask the director how to make a donation to his order etc and simply do that.Then you get rid of that uneasy feeling about donation? How much? Happy Easter to all.
40.png
brabble:
I think if you contacted your Diocesan Office they would be able to guide you if you put your questions to them. Here in Australia we have what is known by the rather formitable and intimidating title ‘The Spirituality Office’ through which one can contact experienced directors; however even if you diocese does not have such a department or office, I am sure somebody in your own office would be able to guide you. The Spirituality Office in my diocese, incidentally, is not at all formitable and intimidating . . . only the title, and I do wish they would change it. It took me months before I got up the courage to ring them and simply because the title somewhat overwhelmed me.:bible1:

Good luck! . . . and may Easter unfold for you joyously.

Dear John Russell, Jnr - fellow Aussie . . . and a hi to you and may your Easter and that of all unfold joyously!

40.png
brabble:
Dear John Russell, Jnr - fellow Aussie . . . and a hi to you and may your Easter and that of all unfold joyously!
Thank you. And I’ll remember you in my prayers, at this great time.

40.png
brabble:
Thank you. You are in my prayers this Easter. God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back