Don't Hug Me I'm Scared Evil?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Worlds
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Worlds

Guest
For those of you who don’t know, “Don’t Hug Me I’m scared” is a viral Youtube video about these colorful puppets that learn about creativity from an animate notepad. It starts of lighthearted, where the puppets learn about the steps to become “creative”. However, as the video progresses, it becomes darker, the background music becomes distorted, and the puppets begin to act disturbingly and erratically. If you haven’t watched it, And you don’t get frightened easily, I highly recommend it. The video itself is a metaphor for how society and the media try to tell kids what they should and shouldn’t think. I wanted to dress up as one of the puppets in the video for a convention I’m going to this month, and for Halloween. However, I’m starting to have second thoughts. I mean, the puppets don’t represent anything inherently evil, but they don’t really represent anything good. I wouldnt want to oppose God, and I wouldn’t want the secular tradition of dressing up in a costume to take away from the true meaning of Halloween. But would dressing up as a puppet that comes from a video that displays dark content be sinful? Again, I highly recommend watching the video so you can see where I’m coming from. Here is the link for the video: m.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ Thank you so much, and May God bless you!
 
A thought just occurred to me: this thread is an interesting display of “the age of reason” (age of discretion). Some threads ask about when children reach the age of reason where they can commit mortal sin.

If a child were picking costumes, they would choose based upon the feeling they sense when looking at the costume. There is no “reflection” on the meaning of the costume or the wearing of it and what it says about their intentions. Perhaps the choice of a Halloween costume would be a good “test” of the age of reason??? Yet, not so. There are many adults who also only use the feelings they sense when choosing things, rather than reflecting on the meaning of doing this choice. That is what Adam and Eve did when she “saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate”. No reflection on the implications already known from God’s Word to them.

You are demonstrating that you are using your reason to look at the question of a choice in front of you.
 
Wouldn’t that be sort of sacreligious?
No, because 1) you can’t be exactly sure what Jesus did wear, and 2) even if you were to get it exactly right, it would be pretty much what thousands of other 1st-century Jewish men were wearing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top