Drawing closer to Mary - how?

• Thread starter Thread starter dizzy_dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dizzy_dave

My wife is a convert to Catholicism (7 years), she was a Baptist. Because of her protestant background she doesn’t seem to have much interest in the “Mary” thing. How can I get her interested in Mary? I figure they are both women, both mothers, both good people, they have some things in common, I just think it would be a good thing to get a woman’s view (from Mary) on the church, thanks for any help. 🙂

My best advice is to do two things.

ONE-Pray to tbe blessed mother that your wife will have a greater devotion to her. A good devotion is the devotion of the first five Saturdays. Check the post on favorite Marian devotion to see my reply to that and you can get it.
TWO-Give her some literature on Mary and why she’s so important. The first place I would go is a parish library. If your parish or a parish near you has a library, I’d say go for it. Try to find something that would answer questions to non-Catholics, even though your wife isn’t a non-Catholic, I’d assume from what you said, that she has a non-Catholic view on Mary. You could also go to www.biblechristiansociety.com, or you could go to www.catholicity.com to order tapes and cds on Mary. Also, you could check your local Catholic bookstore. If you don’t have a Catholic bookstore, then the place I would go to is just a regular bookstore like Barnes and Noble, or Borders. They should have something, plus, you get to keep the book. 😃 Also, check the Catholic Answers Online store. They have some very good books on Mary.

But one of the best things you could do is show teachings on Mary in scripture and in the Catechism. Also, if you could, get your hands on some of the writings of the early church fathers that deal with Mary.

Hope this helps! 👍

I can only give you three advice:

1. *]Pray the Rosary
    *]Pray the Rosary, and
    *]Pray the Rosary!

nothing else! 👍

NB: seriously though, I don’t think one can help himself to draw closer to the Blessed Mother by any other means than the most holy Rosary! It’s **her ** favourite prayer, for goodness sake!

You can try asking Jesus to show you His mother and let you become close to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back