Dreams of Demons and Saints

• Thread starter Thread starter Pau
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pau

Hi everyone!
I have a question that I would love to get your opinion on and ask whether any of you have had a similar experience.
While I was pregnant with my first child, I would have many dreams where I was attacked by demons and the only way of getting rid of them was with prayer.
I would recite Our Father or Hail Mary in my sleep, and they would go away, however they were heavy dreams (does that make any sense?) I felt as if they were happening for real, and had real weight. Sometimes I would only recite these prayers once, however other nights I would have to recite them over and over again, sometimes ten times, in order to get some peace.

This happened so often during my pregnancy that I was afraid to go to sleep. One night in particular I was “fighting” one of these entities and a picture of a Saint appeared in my dream and I knew instantly that it was Santa Isabel (in English that would be Saint Elizabeth). Later I investigated and realized that there are two Saint Elizabeths and I have no idea which one came to my aid, however after her appearance and help in the fight, I knew straight away that this Saint looked after me and my home.
It my be a coincidence but my godmother is also called Isabel.

I would like to ask you, is this normal? Has something like this happened to any of you? Why would this happen? I have never asked a priest about it, I think I will very soon.

Yes, I would definitely bring it up to a good priest. He should have some good advice or insight for you.

Similar things have happened to me and some of my family, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything in particular. You can read about plenty of Saints who fought with and had experiences with the preternatural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back