M
MrsMeganMc
Guest
I have been dealing with issues around food for my whole life. I would go in cycles where was “was” and “was not” an issue. A couple of weeks ago - in a moment of courage - I went to an eating disorder clinic to get some initial testing.
Yesterday, when I went back to get my results, I was diagnosed with an eating disorder…
I am not so sure why I am taking this so hard - I think I was in a lot of denial about how serious this all really is. Like I said - I always knew that I had issues - but to get a diagnosis and be given that this is a reality and that this isn’t something that I can pretend isn’t real or will just magically go away on its own.
I am really scared right now. The reality of this information and what I will need to do to battle this is so daunting. There is still part of me that wants to deny that this is real - and maybe it can just get better on its own. Maybe I am still lacking self-control…and I just need some more will-power.
I have an appointment set up with my priest - although I am not really sure what he can tell me.
Can I bring this into the confessional? If I do - how do I word it? Is it really even a sin?
I would really appreciate any prayers or support that anyone could offer me on this.
Yesterday, when I went back to get my results, I was diagnosed with an eating disorder…
I am not so sure why I am taking this so hard - I think I was in a lot of denial about how serious this all really is. Like I said - I always knew that I had issues - but to get a diagnosis and be given that this is a reality and that this isn’t something that I can pretend isn’t real or will just magically go away on its own.
I am really scared right now. The reality of this information and what I will need to do to battle this is so daunting. There is still part of me that wants to deny that this is real - and maybe it can just get better on its own. Maybe I am still lacking self-control…and I just need some more will-power.
I have an appointment set up with my priest - although I am not really sure what he can tell me.
Can I bring this into the confessional? If I do - how do I word it? Is it really even a sin?
I would really appreciate any prayers or support that anyone could offer me on this.