Elder Joseph the Hesychast

• Thread starter Thread starter George720
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it locked up… First time I had ever watched an enactment of a Saint’s spiritual biography… eg What he had to do spiritually to attain his sainthood… We often get the smarm, but seldom the arete… I have read a fair amount of St. Joseph’s writings, but in the ones I read, he never spoke of his prayers wherein he pleaded with God so piteously - Yet these were known to his contemporaries, who were interviewed in Greek and subtitled in English…

If anyone who watched it would like to share, I am very interested in hearing your responses to this presentation… The credits at the end affirmed the “seal” of the Holy Mountain for its publication - They participated in it with their blessing…

Meanwhile, I will look for another venue to watch it…

I know, as a beginner in this Faith, I often wondered about the interior side of the lives of Her Saints, and how they progressed from youth to old age… And I had heard about the Elder’s harshness, and his extreme asceticism, right up to his death, which arguably could have been delayed had he relented… And here we see it…

I found the trailer here:

geo

Last edited:
It is now on YouTube:

For those who missed the temporary first viewing…

geo

Forgive me, but this biography of St. Paisios, which is not an enactment as was the above video, but instead is a documentary, is so rich I just want to share it… I feel far more intimately connected to this Saint than to Elder Joseph above…

The title is, of course, the ministry of Christians, the meaning of the Priesthood, and the Goal of our struggles for the acquisition of this Faith into which we are Baptized into Christ…

Vessel of Grace indeed!

geo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back