Entering religious life and married?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DBRANDT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DBRANDT

Guest
I did, and I was. The church permitted it and guided us through the process.
 
See topic can someone choose to be married and celibate/abstinent for further discussions.
 
Please elaborate. What religious order did you take vows with?

-Fr ACEGC
 
40.png
Can someone marry and still choose to be celibate/abstinent? Moral Theology
That’s about all I have, I really want to marry, but still want to be abstinent, I guess I could just be single but I want to be with someone???
He states: “Yes, I was married at the time, but not in the church. The order did not demand the oath. I chose it, and my very ill spouse joined in it willingly. The marriage was unable to be blessed.”

So that means there is not a marriage because it could not be convalidated.
 
Last edited:
Right. Which is not the same as the religious life. Far from it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top