Enthronement of Sacred Heart of Jesus

• Thread starter Thread starter Mamamull
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mamamull

My husband and I are preparing for an enthronement of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Feast of the Sacred Heart, June third this year.

A dear friend had found many books by Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey in her father’s belongings. Fr. Mateo has such a wonderful enthusiasm evident in his writing. Our friend became enthused and in talking to us we thought we would take the leap of faith amd make this solemn promise to Our Lord.

I have pasted in something from one of the websites listed below.

Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey, a South American priest of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, was inspired by God, after his instantaneous cure at Paray-le-Monial, to preach everywhere the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart to verify this promise of the Saviour given to St. Margaret Mary: “I will bless every dwelling where an image of My Heart is both exposed and honoured.”

Enthronement of the Sacred Heart is a solemn act of a family giving formal recognition of the kingship of Christ over their family and home and the official, ceremonial beginning of a family’s commitment to live out the effects of their recognition of Christ’s Kingship. During the Enthronement ceremony, a blessed image of the Sacred Heart is hung in the most prominent place in the house and Sacred Scripture is placed before it. Formal prayers are prayed and then each member of the household signs a certificate of the Covenant. Contact the National Enthronement Center and ask them for a Certificate to sign for the Enthronement (ask for an “Enthronement Kit”). The set of prayers they may send will be the revised version of the ceremony; I recommend following the outline of the ceremony below. To download it in Microsoft Word .doc format – 8 pages – click here):
National Enthronement Center
P.O. Box 111
Fairhaven, MA 02719-0111
Tel. (508) 999-2680
Fax (508) 993-8233
Email: necenter@juno.com wf-f.org/SacredHeart.html

misacor.org/newsite/english/WhoWeAre/devotion_english.htm

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, be the Heartbeat of our families, bless us and make us holy.

Great devotion. Devotions were common place years ago in traditional families. Now we have lost several generations of young people to the unchurched side. I would love to see devotions such as this and the family rosary return.

I have a great devotion to the Sacred Heart. Part of what appeals to me so much about the Divine Mercy message from Fasutina is that it seems to be an extension fot he message; Jesus through his great love for us ever trying to get us to respond.

I wish more Churches had First Friday services as a decent time, when working families could attend. I only learned of this devotion, while going through some of my grandmother’s things. It has not been taught to my generation. Similarly the First Satruday devotions are difficult to follow, as so few churches offer anything aside form a vigil mass for Sunday on Saturday.

sacredheartdevotion.com/ This link has great information about the history of the devotion to the Sacred Heart, and offers free information in the mail about enthronement and a collection of prayers, as well as a picture that you can use for enthronement.

Thanks for your reponses. We are trying to have a couple “seed” families among our attendees. We could possibly bring two more churches to this devotion – they might have some seed families at their enthronements.

I even got one friend to go to Eucharisitc Adoration – she loved it of course. So now, I will just keep encouraging and hope we can enkindle some new devotions.

Isn’t this Friday the Feast of the Sacred Heart, and this Saturday the Feast of the Immaculate Heart? I only recently started praying the Liturgy of the Hours, and still some times get my days confused.

I was thinking what great timing for this post…but please forgive me if I am wrong.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you!

Serendipity, you get the gold star! 👍

Yes, Friday is the Feast of the Sacred Heart – hence our enthronement happening on this particular Friday. Saturday is the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Some people are doing the devotion to both hearts and well, we are keeping it simple at this point. I can only handle so many devotions.

I have a devotion to the Holy Spirit, participate in Eucharistic Adoration and write a newsletter for our apostolate. Adding the Enthronement actually allows our late night/early morning adorations as part of the requirements. So, I felt safe adding this one. I know there are people who can pray a Rosary with kids, but my kids just haven’t gotten there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back