Envying parents

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Dear Forum

Is envy a negative feeling?

What if you try to drive it away by prayer or other thoughts?

How do you know that you have given in to envy?

My parents wanted to Consecrate themselves to Our Lady and and I asked them if they wanted to wear St. Josephs cinctures (Cords) If I made some, then I Felt resentful perhaps and I want it to go away now. I will make them the Cords and ask them to be Consecrated along with me…

Mortal sin??

Does anyone know anything about spiritual envy here?? I know its a sin against the holy spirit according to the old Prayer books (Pre 1962 etc.) and I was wondering if they got rid of it because the Catechism doesnt mention it. The only other “Modern” place I saw it was Fr. John Trigilios Catholicism for dummies book ?? Is it still mortal?
 
Hi, mymamamary. Could you re-read your first paragraph and then reword it for us, please? I’m confused as to what you mean. Perhaps if you’d go into a bit more detail we’d know how it is that you may feel evny toward your parents. Since no one else has commented, maybe others are confused as to what you’re asking, also. Peace be with you.
 
Dear Forum

Is envy a negative feeling?

What if you try to drive it away by prayer or other thoughts?

How do you know that you have given in to envy?

My parents wanted to Consecrate themselves to Our Lady and and I asked them if they wanted to wear St. Josephs cinctures (Cords) If I made some, then I Felt resentful perhaps and I want it to go away now. I will make them the Cords and ask them to be Consecrated along with me…

Mortal sin??

Does anyone know anything about spiritual envy here?? I know its a sin against the holy spirit according to the old Prayer books (Pre 1962 etc.) and I was wondering if they got rid of it because the Catechism doesnt mention it. The only other “Modern” place I saw it was Fr. John Trigilios Catholicism for dummies book ?? Is it still mortal?
What did your spiritual adviser say? Have you spoken to him? Has he given you guidance?

If you haven’t contacted him, you need to do so.

If you do not have a spiritual adviser, you need to get one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top