Ethiopian Orthodox Church

  • Thread starter Thread starter archistrage
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archistrage

Guest
One of the things that I truly believe, is that the Ark of the Covenant is in Axum, Ethiopia. I’ve read much about their history, their practices, and I feel that the majority of the evidence points towards this being a historical fact.

Now let me give you a little background on my question.

Ethiopian history says that the Ark arrived in their country during the time of Solomon. With the Ark, the sons of the Jewish High Priests also brought the whole of the Judaic religion to the country. The people there were Jewish until Christianity came along, and there are still several thousand Jews left.

The interesting thing, is that the ‘Black Jews’ do not practice their faith similar to how orthodox Jews do today. What they practice, is quite literally straight out of the Torah. It is, they believe, the oldest form, and possibly the original form of Judaism. It was because of these extreme differences, that it was only until 40 years ago that the state of Israel recognized them as Jews, and thus gave them Jewish citizenship under the law of return.

They as well, still have many different artifacts of their early faith, some reportedly dating back to the time of Solomon.

So, the other day an interesting though occurred to me. They’ve manage to retain so much of their original faith throughout the years, even preserving some artifacts over two thousand years old, some of which are even used in their worship today. That means that there is also a possibility, that either they still have the original Torah’s brought to them by the Priests that came with the Ark, or their translation remains very accurate to the originals.

So my question for you guys…

Does ANYONE know where I can get a hold of one of their BIBLES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
 
Hi 🙂 These are the following

A. The Holy Books of the Old Testament
  1. Genesis
  2. Exodus
  3. Leviticus
  4. Numbers
  5. Deuteronomy
  6. Joshua
  7. Judges
  8. Ruth
  9. I and II Samuel
  10. I and II Kings
  11. I Chronicles
  12. II Chronicles
  13. Jublee
  14. Enoch
  15. Ezra and Nehemia
  16. Ezra (2nd) and Ezra Sutuel
  17. Tobit
  18. Judith
  19. Esther
  20. I Maccabees
  21. II and III Maccabees
  22. Job
  23. Psalms
  24. Proverbs
  25. Tegsats (Reproof)
  26. Metsihafe Tibeb (the books of wisdom)
  27. Ecclesiastes
  28. The Song of Songs
  29. Isaiah
  30. Jeremiah
  31. Ezekiel
  32. Daniel
  33. Hosea
  34. Amos
  35. Micah
  36. Joel
  37. Obadiah
  38. Jonah
  39. Nahum
  40. Habakkuk
  41. Zephaniah
  42. Haggai
  43. Zechariah
  44. Malachi
  45. Book of Joshua the son of Sirac
  46. The Book of Josephas the Son of Bengorion
B. The holy books of the New Testament
  1. Matthew
  2. Mark
  3. Luke
  4. John
  5. The Acts
  6. Romans
  7. I Corinthians
  8. II Corinthians
  9. Galatians
  10. Ephesians
  11. Philippians
  12. Colossians
  13. I Thessalonians
  14. II Thessalonians
  15. I Timothy
  16. II Timothy
  17. Titus
  18. Philemon
  19. Hebrews
  20. I Peter
  21. II Peter
  22. I John
  23. II John
  24. III John
  25. James
  26. Jude
  27. Revelation
  28. Sirate Tsion (the book of order)
  29. Tizaz (the book of Herald)
  30. Gitsew
  31. Abtilis
  32. The I book of Dominos
  33. The II book of Dominos
  34. The book of Clement
  35. Didascalia
Are you looking for an Ethiopian Bible in Amharic, or translated from Amharic to English?

You can buy a full Amharic Bible here:

madeinethiopia.net/littleafrica/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_186&products_id=202&zenid=a9b8fe314488eccc2aadd97599c1885c

Amharic Bible (Hardcover) ~ American Bible Society (Creator): amazon.com/dp/9966403728/ref=nosim?tag=websitesupport&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=9966403728&creative=373489&camp=211189
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top