Eucharist

  • Thread starter Thread starter century153
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

century153

Guest
I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this thread, but I feel the need to put it within Apologetics. I would like to share this website (link below) with you, especially if you wonder what to say when someone asks about the “real presence”. Or maybe, you like me, have had your doubts or have prayed about a revelation to come. I hope you are blessed as you read and search. L

my.homewithgod.com/gertrude/eucharist/
 
For me, the most telling part about the Eucharistic discourse in John is when so many of his one-time followers choose to leave when Christ speaks about his blood and body are truly what he says they are.

As is so obvious (at least to me), if Christ was misunderstood, why not correct them so as to prevent them from leaving? That would have been the PERFECT time to say something along the lines of, “You misunderstood me - I didn’t mean what I said literally - I was only speaking figuratively.”

Of course, when Christ turns to the Apostles and asks if they will leave too, we see one of the most beautiful responses in the entire Bible: St. Peter says, “Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” John 6.69
 
Going along those lines, the Apostles believed in this, and its pretty obvious Christ would have corrected his followers if they misunderstood.Example: when Jesus said Lazarus is sleeping, and the Apostles misunderstood him, and then Jesus correcteded them
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top