Eucharistic prayers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Florida123
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Florida123

Guest
Does the GIRM forbid any Eucharistic prayers on certain days? For example can Eucharistic Prayer 1 be used every day for daily Mass for example?
 
Does the GIRM forbid any Eucharistic prayers on certain days? For example can Eucharistic Prayer 1 be used every day for daily Mass for example?
This is covered in ¶ 365. EP IV has an invariable preface and so is not permitted on days with proper prefaces; other than that, there are suggested usages but no requirements.
 
I rather like EPIV but I’ve heard it only once in all my life (that I recall). It was on All Souls Day when the priest used the Preface for the Dead then then inserted the Proper Preface for EPIV after the Sanctus. Very odd.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top