Eucharistic year

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teresa9

Dear friends

As you all know this year is the year declared by our Pontiff as a year of the Eucharist. Therefore I think it is even more important this year to be a joyous people , a joyous Eucharistic people, spreading the joy that Jesus is with us EVERYDAY in the materials of bread and wine, that He is in every tabernacle of the world, waiting for our presence and our prayers before His Real Presence…this year should be a year of real JOY!! If we establish this year as a year of real joy in the Real Presence of our Lord than every year that follows it will also be years of JOY and THANKSGIVING…spiritually, emotionally…entirely!!

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Teresa, that was beautiful and thank you for posting that. I hope it makes more people aware of the Eucharist this year. By making visits to their chapels, churches. By showing great reverence to Our Lord when receiving communion. We put a large sign outside our chapel with many beautiful pictures of priests in adoration, the Monstrance with Christ present, and many quotes from the saints on the Eucharist. It is great for the children.

Thank you again! 🙂

I think this is yet another example of how our Holy Father seems to have his finger on the spiritual pulse of the world! I joyously embrace this year of the Eucharist in that it will do nothing but greatly enhance devotion to the Real Presence of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, which I believe to be sorely needed given the “average” Catholic’s view of the Real Presence (at least here in the West).

By the way, EWTN is televising the Papal Mass opening the Year of The Eucharist…I’ll be watching 🙂

It is a wonderful time to start visiting any church with a tabernacle to spend time with our Lord.

If you don’t make it a practice, please consider making the sign of the cross each time you pass a Catholic church.

Since I have a young son, we acknowledge Jesus with “Hi, Jesus. I love you, Jesus!” I make the sign of the cross as well. I don’t check to see if my son does.

Also, try to get your parish to have at least one hour of exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on Fridays. It is a wonderful devotion and your parish and community will be blessed by your spending that hour with Jesus that the apostles failed to do.

Wear a Monstrance pin, too. It is a great to way to remind others of the Year of the Eucharist. I don’t get accosted by fundies for wearing one. I had that fear for awhile. Mostly we held in awe for having a full Eucharistic adoration program in our parish with no religious order to help us.

This may be a silly question but why start the Year of the Eucharist now? Why doesn’t the Pope wait until the start of Advent so that it conicedes with the new Liturgical Year?

Don’t kow exactly but it was to coincide with the International Eucharisic Congress in Mexico. He started the year of the Rosary on his 24th anniversary of his pontificate. Then, I was hoping to go 15 months but they officially closed that year in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back