Ever have one of THOSE days?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLCecilia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JLCecilia

Guest
You gotta laugh. DH has an interview today, and in true form, he waits till the last minute to pick out an outfit. I’m called home from work to help him dress and take the kiddos to the sitter. Of course, nothing fits, there’s a spot on his pants which I can’t get out w/ spot cleaning, the iron isn’t working. DH is flipping the thing upside down to inspect and dribbles water all over his pants. Big SIGH of annoyance. After the 3rd outlet, we get the thing up and running.

I had a tanning appt @ 1215. Drop off the kids, running 5 min. late, get there, and the door says they’re only open M/W/F. Nevermind I JUST CALLED yesterday to make the appt.

Oi vey! I think it’s me 😛
 
You gotta laugh. DH has an interview today, and in true form, he waits till the last minute to pick out an outfit. I’m called home from work to help him dress and take the kiddos to the sitter. Of course, nothing fits, there’s a spot on his pants which I can’t get out w/ spot cleaning, the iron isn’t working. DH is flipping the thing upside down to inspect and dribbles water all over his pants. Big SIGH of annoyance. After the 3rd outlet, we get the thing up and running.

I had a tanning appt @ 1215. Drop off the kids, running 5 min. late, get there, and the door says they’re only open M/W/F. Nevermind I JUST CALLED yesterday to make the appt.

Oi vey! I think it’s me 😛
Phew! If I could high-five you, I would. Been there!
 
You gotta laugh. DH has an interview today, and in true form, he waits till the last minute to pick out an outfit. I’m called home from work to help him dress and take the kiddos to the sitter. Of course, nothing fits, there’s a spot on his pants which I can’t get out w/ spot cleaning, the iron isn’t working. DH is flipping the thing upside down to inspect and dribbles water all over his pants. Big SIGH of annoyance. After the 3rd outlet, we get the thing up and running.

I had a tanning appt @ 1215. Drop off the kids, running 5 min. late, get there, and the door says they’re only open M/W/F. Nevermind I JUST CALLED yesterday to make the appt.

Oi vey! I think it’s me 😛
Just have to take it in stride. These are all “good” annoyances of everyday life.
 
Not sure I’m quite to the point of kissing my cross. Still cursing it at the moment. Today is a straightjacket kind of day 😛
 
Subtract children, add demanding priest, and you’ve just described every day of my week last week. It wasn’t until it was over that I realized what a blessing the entire experience actually was.

I’ve gone through the pre-interview wardrobe samba with The Husband countless times. Believe me, I feel your pain.
You gotta laugh.
And I did 😃 Sorry you went through that. Even though I agree with meltzerboy about these being “good” inconveniences of life, I still hope days like these are few and far between for you because they sure can drive a person nutz!
 
I always wish I could look back at high-pressure moments like this and be pleased with how I handled it, but it tends to bring out my nasty side. The kids’ value of the month at school is self-control; coincidence? It’s as if they KNOW the pressure’s on! Perhaps I’m getting the chance to practice becoming the person I always wish I could be 😛
 
OH MY WORD!!! This is me today!!!

Grad school calls and apparently they decided I’m no longer eligible for the $4000 grant they gave me last semester, and unless I pay it back by Monday I can’t start classes for Fall… which start on Monday! Oh yes we have $4000 just hanging around that we can give them! but it’s okay we can appeal…

SO I spend 2hours filling out dumb appeal forms emphasizing my gpa repeatedly, which I have to drive 15minutes to fax, to open the garage door to find no car! Hubby came back and took it because earlier today his truck broke down and needs a lot of fixing!!

So I walk to the mail box to get the mail and I’m met by 7 medical bills! I didn’t even open them.This is one expensive day!!

Currently sitting and eating a WHOLE bag of chips and some chocolate! 🤷 What else can I do!
 
OH MY WORD!!! This is me today!!!

Grad school calls and apparently they decided I’m no longer eligible for the $4000 grant they gave me last semester, and unless I pay it back by Monday I can’t start classes for Fall… which start on Monday! Oh yes we have $4000 just hanging around that we can give them! but it’s okay we can appeal…

SO I spend 2hours filling out dumb appeal forms emphasizing my gpa repeatedly, which I have to drive 15minutes to fax, to open the garage door to find no car! Hubby came back and took it because earlier today his truck broke down and needs a lot of fixing!!

So I walk to the mail box to get the mail and I’m met by 7 medical bills! I didn’t even open them.This is one expensive day!!

Currently sitting and eating a WHOLE bag of chips and some chocolate! 🤷 What else can I do!
Oh girl… And I was going to gripe about the annulment process! God bless you. :hug1:
 
Oh yeah - I had one of those days last week. If it could go wrong, it did. If there was a chance for me to be interrupted, I was. And it all topped off with what was apparently “National Be Nasty to Retail Wokers” night at work, because I was called nearly every name in the book by a guest who wanted something that we don’t even carry in our store, but I was supposed to find a way to not only get it for her, but get it for her within the hour because she needed it the day before. haha
 
I have what I call " Bad Gravity Days ". Everything I touch ends up on falling to the ground.
Usually several times.
 
Oh, FullOfThought, my prayers are with you.

Had a rough night last night b/c DS got in trouble for the 2nd day in a row @ school. I made him sit down and write out 3x/ea both of the rules he broke. It took him 2 hours. Made him do drills for not getting ready in time and sent him to bed @ 7. He woke up in a much better mood today and got around with no troubles.

I thought I was doing so well, I was in the kitchen about 30 min. earlier than usual packing lunches and fixing breakfast. Well, we still got out the door late. As usual, the parking lot was empty and I was the last parent there dropping off my kid. The teacher was very polite and ‘suggested’ I get DS to school just 5 min. earlier to allow him time to settle in so he doesn’t feel rushed (the way I do ALL morning every morning).

I don’t know why I’m so emotional about it. I swore I knew the day was coming when this would be an issue I’d have to address w/ the school and thought I’d grown a thick skin about my bad habit, but it really struck a nerve today. Trying to hold back the tears at my desk, but it is precisely the correction I needed to hear. I may have to institute a no-chores rule for myself in the mornings (dishes and laundry that I didn’t get to the night before).

Jesus, help me overcome my bad habits and learn to prioritize and let things go.
 
I recommend ice cream! 😃
For my bad days, nothing works as well as hot wings with blue cheese dressing and a soda. And maybe some Twizzlers.

Been having lots of bad days this year. Thank goodness my husband can whip up a batch of amazing hot wings super fast with his snazzy new countertop deep fryer.
 
Had a teacher who always said “Every day is a good day, some are just greater than others.” 'Course that’s before he got busted video-taping his teen-aged daughter’s friends using his wife’s personal tanning bed in their home!
 
Had a teacher who always said “Every day is a good day, some are just greater than others.” 'Course that’s before he got busted video-taping his teen-aged daughter’s friends using his wife’s personal tanning bed in their home!
Oh my goodness! :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top