Every day stigmatas?

• Thread starter Thread starter AServantofGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AServantofGod

Is there such a thing as an “every day stigmata”? Here is why I ask. My very spiritual “tween” has always wanted the stigmata. She’s prayed & prayed. The other day when she was suffering from one of her very frequent nose bleeds I said, “Honey, I bet Jesus had a very bloody nose during his passion. Maybe you are being asked to help unite yourself with that part of His sufferings.”

By the way, the doctors are not concerned with her nose bleeds. I’ve asked for medical consultation so it’s not as if I’m ignoring her physical needs. This is just her I’m told.

if you are asking for stigmata, no offense but you probably aren’t at the level of spirituality that it requires to see it as a blessing.

Like the cross which was what nessessitated the wounds, jesus did all he could to avoid it while still obeying god. only once he was given his cross did he embrace it. see where i am going here? do not seek the pains of christ but if they are given to you, embrace them then.

40.png
Brain:
if you are asking for stigmata, no offense but you probably aren’t at the level of spirituality that it requires to see it as a blessing.

Like the cross which was what nessessitated the wounds, jesus did all he could to avoid it while still obeying god. only once he was given his cross did he embrace it. see where i am going here? do not seek the pains of christ but if they are given to you, embrace them then.
Thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.

You’re right, my 9 year old is not at the level of spirituality that it requires to see a stigmata as a blessing nor does she recognize the pain involved. However, she has a heart for God that I don’t want to destroy. That is why I encourage her to look at her nose bleeds, which cause her considerable inconvenience & embarassment, as a way to unite herself with Christ’s sufferings. I realize this is such a small suffering compared to Christ’s, but I want her to begin to understand that she can offer up sacrifices.

It sounds like she has a, as yet undeveloped, desire to unite her sufferings to Jesus. And she’s focusing on the external signs because that is what she sees. This is good. I remember my mom used to pray that she’d become a martyr. Boy I wish my niece would have that desire. She’s thinking of becoming atheist. Is it any wonder since her parents are separated and don’t go to church anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back