every knee shall bow

• Thread starter Thread starter edwinG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edwinG

Hi,
I just want to throw up a couple of scripture passages for comment.
Isaiah44:22 I’ve blotted out your sins, they are gone like the morning mist at noon. Oh return to me , for I have paid the price to set you free.
Isaiah 45:22 Let all the world look to me for salvation. For I am God; there is not other. I have sworn by Myself and I will never go back on My word for it is true- that every knee shall bow to Me and every tongue shall swear allegiance to my name. ( Revelations now of course has ever knee bowing to Jesus’s name )
Psalm103:12
He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west.
Psalm139:6 This is too glorious too wonderful to believe, I can never be lost to your Spirit.
Psalm 146:3 Dont look to men for help: their greatest leaders fail, for every man must die.
Revelation20:13 " The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged , each one according to his works.
summation
Every one will bow to Jesus
You cant get away from God’s Holy Spirit. ( More blessings thought if you participate, as you have greater works)
All sin is forgiven, Christ paid the price for sin and everyone believes in Jesus
Therefore all saved and judgment is on works alone.
another question , How much angst must some go through before they believe in Jesus?
Thank you in anticipation
Christ be with you
walk in lovehttp://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
edwinG

40.png
edwinG:
Hi,
Therefore all saved and judgment is on works alone.
another question , How much angst must some go through before they believe in Jesus?
Thank you in anticipation
Christ be with you
walk in lovehttp://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif
edwinG
Yes Jesus paid the price for all our sins & through this all are saved. But I believe we must respond to/correspond with this through our actions & attitudes. Otherwise why does God say “Oh, return to me” and also, in the Gospel Jesus says “Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me. And they will go away into eternal punisment, but he righteous into eternal life”. So while Christ, through his cross & resurection, paid for the salvation of all that salvation can be rejected. This links into the concept of Free Will. If by virtue of Christ’s suffering all people will be saved (go to heaven) then there is no possibility to ‘freely’ chose God or reject Him. Also there could have been no Original Sin (of Fall) as Adam & Eve would not have rejected God either.

Also the “every tongue confess that He is Lord” does not mean that all are saved as the Devil & demons in Hell acknowledge Christ as Lord.

P.S. You pick interesting topics to discuss.

Hi EdwinG,

You said: “All sin is forgiven, Christ paid the price for sin and everyone believes in Jesus Therefore all saved and judgment is on works alone. another question , How much angst must some go through before they believe in Jesus?”

My comment: I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at but it sounds like you’re saying that since Christ paid the price for our sins that we will all go to heaven (obtain salvation) and only our works are judged after death. If this is what you are saying it is false. Yes, Christ “Redeemed” us from our sins but there is a big difference between “Redemption” and “Salvation”. To be saved we must be baptized and repent of our sins (Acts 2:38). We must confess our sins (1 John 1:8-9 notice the word “IF”). We must have “Obedience” to the Faith (Rom 1:5 and Rom 6:16). Remember that as a christian we can fall from grace as it says in 1 Cor 10:12 which says, “Wherefore, he that thinketh himself to stand, let him take heed lest he fall.” You must do good works to be saved as it says in James 2:24 which says, “Do you see that BY WORKS a man is JUSTIFIED, and NOT BY FAITH ONLY?” Gal 5:4-6 says, “5:4. You are made void of Christ, you who are justified in the law: you are fallen from grace. 5:5. For we in spirit, by faith, wait for the hope of justice. 5:6. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing nor uncircumcision: but FAITH THAT WORKETH BY CHARITY.” So you have to have a faith that is a working faith. Your faith must produce fruit as it says in 1 Cor 13:1-3 which says, “13:1. If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2. And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I SHOULD HAVE ALL FAITH, so that I could remove mountains, and HAVE NOT CHARITY, I HAVE NOTHING. 13:3. And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and HAVE NOT CHARITY, it profiteth me nothing.” There are many more but the bottom line is that you must repent, be baptized, confess your sins and have an ongoing relationship with Christ to be saved. You must persevere to the end as it says in Heb 3:14, “For we are made partakers of Christ: yet so, if we hold the beginning of his substance firm unto the end.” Phil 2:12 says, “Wherefore, my dearly beloved, (as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only but much more now in my absence) with FEAR AND TREMBLING WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION.” Finally, Jesus says you must carry your cross daily (Luke 9:23).

I hope this helps and it’s good for starters if this was what you were getting at. If is wasn’t, please reply for further to clarify your post.

May God bless,

James224

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back