EWTN - The Light of the Church Today

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRW
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
**I love EWTN. No other channel comes close. I mostly watch it on the computer, but I sometimes watch it on TV. Here’s what I love to watch on it.

Mother Angelica doing the Rosary with the nuns,

Chanted version of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy,

EWTN Mass,

Benediction [this one makes me fall to my knees in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament],

Fr. Corapi,

movies and specials,

Friday’s Stations of the Cross,

Religious Catalogue,

Marian programs and specials,

seasonal devotions, etc.

I don’t think I have any words to describe just how special and wonderful EWTN is. It is an oasis in a desert of sin, just like savior.org is a virtual oasis in a desert of virtual sin. [virtual meaning online-based]
**
 
**I love EWTN. No other channel comes close. I mostly watch it on the computer, but I sometimes watch it on TV. Here’s what I love to watch on it.

Mother Angelica doing the Rosary with the nuns,

Chanted version of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy,

EWTN Mass,

Benediction [this one makes me fall to my knees in adoration of the Blessed Sacrament],

Fr. Corapi,

movies and specials,

Friday’s Stations of the Cross,

Religious Catalogue,

Marian programs and specials,

seasonal devotions, etc.

I don’t think I have any words to describe just how special and wonderful EWTN is. It is an oasis in a desert of sin, just like savior.org** is a virtual oasis in a desert of virtual sin. [virtual meaning online-based]
seremina,

Have you been talking with my wife? She enjoys exactly the same mix as you listed above! Anything devotional and she’s all over it. 🙂

Manfred
 
I like EWTN, but it has its favorites and biases that are puzzling to me.

I don’t think it gives enough attention to the Bible. You just get pieces of Bible commentary here and there.

If I’m whining, then so be it. But, show me where EWTN produces a regular program where it reads the Bible and explains it according to the Catechism. Which is to say, to give the literal, allegorical, moral, and anagogical senses of the scripture.

The Reformation split the Church, largely over authority and the interpretation of the Bible.

I know, “just gag me.” Who would watch such a program? OK, put it on in the middle of the night, and I’ll tape it. But, if EWTN really has anything to do with the eternal word, I think it’s time to put their collective foot forward on this subject.
I highly recommend that you watch or record Fr. Corapi’s Catechism series that is broadcast each Sunday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. Fr. Corapi starts at the beginning of the CCC and goes right through to the end explaining it in detail, reaching right into the Bible showing how the two are tightly linked together. I thik this show is one of EWTN’s viewer favorites. After the 50th session, EWTN starts broadcasting it again from the beginning… and not in the middle of the night…

In addition, ETWN also broadcasts other lectures and seminars given by Fr. Corapi on Saturday evenings and repeated later in the week. Recently, he spoke on how Catholics should read the Bible. All of his broadcasts are excellent and strongly rooted in the Bible, the Catechism and Tradition.
 
seremina,

Have you been talking with my wife? She enjoys exactly the same mix as you listed above! Anything devotional and she’s all over it. 🙂

Manfred
[giggles] No, I haven’t, but its nice to know she and I have that in common. You made me smile today.
 
I love EWTN! It’s a great network! However, I’m wondering what happened with a series that was being shown. A woman from Ireland named Frances Hogan was giving a talk on John’s Gospel. The show was named ’ For God so Loved the World’. I found the show amazingly inspiring and wanted to buy the videos They were being advertised on the Religious Catalog but unavailable. Does anyone know anything about this?

I was told about 3 times that they would available later. They have not been available.

Peace of Christ,
Shiphrae
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top