Examination of Conscience

• Thread starter Thread starter ridesawhitehors
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ridesawhitehors

I think this is the right forum to ask this. I’m sure the moderators will shoot me out of here if they think they need to. 😉

Does anyone know of an exceptionally inspirational book or tract for guiding someone in their Examination of Conscience?
We have them at church but they aren’t very inspirational.

Yesterday on EWTN Daily Mass, Fr. Angelus did a homily that was a very inspirational and was basically an examination of conscience. Really made me want to find an equally inspirational guide prior to Lent.

40.png
ridesawhitehors:
I think this is the right forum to ask this. I’m sure the moderators will shoot me out of here if they think they need to. 😉

Does anyone know of an exceptionally inspirational book or tract for guiding someone in their Examination of Conscience?
We have them at church but they aren’t very inspirational.

Yesterday on EWTN Daily Mass, Fr. Angelus did a homily that was a very inspirational and was basically an examination of conscience. Really made me want to find an equally inspirational guide prior to Lent.
I saw him twice! Wasn’t he great! Each time I thought of my “Handbook of Prayers” by Rev. James Socias put out by Scepter Publishers…it covers a similarly good examination of conscience.

Hello

I, personally, use the Beatitudes (Matthew) as a personal examination of conscience.

God Bless you

I have a personal examination of conscience based on my spirituality.

I use this prayer to the Holy Spirit to help me see more clearly whether or not I am truly following Jesus. It’s essential for me to honor the Holy Spirit by listening to His voice.

** Honoring the Holy Spirit by following His ** constant call to repentance and holiness

Prayer before Confession

O Holy Spirit, source of all light, come to my assistance and enable me to make a good confession. Enlighten me, and help me to know my sins as one day I shall be forced to recognize them before Christ’s judgment seat. Bring to my mind the evil which I have done and the good which I have neglected. Grant me, moreover, heartfelt sorrow for my sins, and the grace of a sincere confession, so that I may be forgiven and brought into your everlasting friendship. Mary, my Mother, pray for me to make a good confession. (Hail Mary, 3 times)

Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back