Exorcists

• Thread starter Thread starter BrooklynBoy200
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrooklynBoy200

Ever since i read Fr.Gabriele Amorth’s book, An Exorcist Tells His Story, i’ve considered becoming an exorcist. It’s just a little something in the back of my head i might decide to look into during my senior year. But it’s gotten to the point where you can’t say you want to be an exorcist in public or you will get ridiculed beyond belief ( i bit ironic concerning my post in apologetics “Aren’t we supposed to be Ridiculed?”) but anyway, i know there is a priest in every diocese that the bishop comes to in a case of exorcisms, but i would like to know how you would become that person. What is it called? Exorcist? Do all the dioceses even have it any more? Thankyou.

You can’t just apply to be the excorcist.

It is usually an older priest, with many years of service to the Church under his belt, with a great reputation for holiness.

Like becoming a bishop, you cannot aspire to it. If they pick you, they pick you. Often they choose to remain anonymous.

But I’d still encourage you to become a priest. There are many other ways a priest fights the devil.

I’ve copied and pasted the application for professional Church exorcist:

Name:
Date of Birth:
Home Address:
Phone Number:

Do you believe in the reality of evil spirits that prowl around the earth seeking the ruin of souls?

Have you ever been possessed in the past?

Past Job/Volunteer Experience in Fighting Demonic Spirits (please list years and the names and the numbers of the spirits rebuked. Please also list whether your role was primary exorcist, assistant, medical observer, etc.):

Please list any and all personal sins here that the Devil might exploit in the exorcism:

Do you have any phobias of human bodily fluids, abnormal levitations, alarming clairvoyance, unnatural physical contortions?

When are you first able to start working as an exorcist?

They DON"T pick you, the position is a spiritual gift, a vocation, one that only God annoints the priest or Biship will discern it and would speak to you about how you feel about it. Forstly ou might feel the push towards the priesthood.
God bless
littleone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back