"Expelled" Off-Shoot #1: Discussing the premise of the movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter drpmjhess
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bean61 said:
As much as I’ve studied Darwin’s theory of evolution and Natural Selection I always come up with a ‘blank’. The basic idea sounds good, but I have yet read anyone that knows what they are talking about.
Bean61, Who have you read on evolution? I can recommend some excellent books. One good place to start is Evolutionary and molecular biology: scientific perspectives on divine action edited by Robert John Russell, William R. Stoeger, and Francisco J. Ayala. Vatican City State: Vatican Observatory, 1998.

Petrus
 
Do you have a specific case as an example?
Yes I do.
I questioned a Darwinian about the fact that there has never been an approved incidence when two differrent species combined to form one species.

It was then explained to me that this is not a proof of Darwinism. They then went into some long and convoluted explanation as this doesn’t really matter.

I don’t believe this guy knew what he was talking about. I don’t believe there is anything to explain.
 
Yes I do.I questioned a Darwinian about the fact that there has never been an approved incidence when two differrent species combined to form one species…
Is this what you believe the theory of evolution to be about?
 
Yes I do.
I questioned a Darwinian about the fact that there has never been an approved incidence when two differrent species combined to form one species.

It was then explained to me that this is not a proof of Darwinism. They then went into some long and convoluted explanation as this doesn’t really matter.

I don’t believe this guy knew what he was talking about. I don’t believe there is anything to explain.
If you think evolution is two species combining to form one species, you are right. There is nothing to explain.

Peace

Tim
 
It’s funny that Dawkins says, as a possibility, that we may have come from aliens. There was a movie with that premise. Now, that was not a documentary, propaganda or a mocumentary but, as our priest said, religions usually teach by fictional stories. It scares me that windleafblower was comfortable with the kids seeing Golden Compass. I think it was Steve Wood, who, not being a right-winger as far as I can tell, said the long version of the prayer to St. Michael, written by Pope Leo 13, many times. It may have been before he endeavored to read the book. “One bad book can ruin a convent”, it was said by someone famous in the Church and Mr. Wood was wise to that.

I do think that more yammering atheists than we think know theology, even if they don’t believe. Satan knows theology and he believes in God and knows that the Church’s theology is true. He also is the Lord of Illusions. He can influence a village to see things in a dangerously misunderstood way and cause death and destruction. It takes someone or more who seem to know about what they are talking or they do know, but contort that in a cunning way for an agenda. .

I don’t know from where this positive Christianity Hitler is claimed to believe came, but it was my understanding that he was worshipping Norse gods but, ultimately, the German bloodline itself (which was in England as well. Now, maybe he didn’t have all his soldiers believing in pre-Christian Norse gods and goddesses as most Masons, Rotarians, etc. don’t know their leaders are into what they’re into. It’s all a boy’s club or planting trees to the people at the bottom. Now and again there’s a campaign against or for something, but it’s not what the people think. It may not be atheists, but neo-pagans calling the shots here, with atheism and Biblical historical criticism being the putting to sleep of the enemy. I don’t include Buddhists amongst the trouble-makers, though they may support the caring for nature line that naturalists will feed them as Al Gore got money from one Buddhist bunch when he ran for president (that’s not to say he is a neo-pagan, but that even many of those decent pagans not doing witchcraft or anything like that, yet not enlightened by knowing Christ, will inadvertently support evil)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top