Experiencing God's Grace through confession

• Thread starter Thread starter Trinitatem
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trinitatem

I have just experienced God’s Grace through the sacrament of confession. I was filled with love and peace like never before. Confession, to me, was always about guilt and the fear of retribution, but now I realize it’s about returning to reconcile with the Father. What a beautiful sacrament! Has anyone else had similiar experiences whether in confession or another sacrament?

Yes, after a 15 year absence, it felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders.

Just remember, though. Grace isn’t what you felt. Often times we don’t “feel” anything when we partake in the Sacraments, but the grace is still provided. That feeling was one result of that grace, but there are other results that are not quite as emotional. For me, I think grace has manifested itself most greatly in a desire to learn about the faith.

Confession is like a good shower for the soul. It leaves you fresh and renewed.

And just as we can develop physical problems due to irregular bathing/showering, likewise, frequent confession helps us avoid significant spiritual problems.

God bless.

Thank God for confession, it’s a great feeling coming out of the confessional renewed, I once perspired in the box, but eventually I knew it was best to unburden myself of the guilt.:amen:

I frequently read (not so much on this forum as on the Coming Home Network Forum) about people who dread going to Confession, whether it be first time or regular Confession. I have to say that I can’t identify with that at all. I am looking forward to the first time that I can receive that sacrament, and I plan on receiving it whenever it’s needed :bounce:

DaveBj

I just went to confession this morning. I took the day off work for the event in order to force myself to go…because it’s been 2-3 years since my last…and that one was after 10 years.

It’s been a faith struggle for me, and I think that part of my fear was that I would really have to face not only Jesus, but myself with the things I have truely done wrong. When we don’t talk about them it’s easy to push them aside and pretend nothing’s wrong. But when it’s time to tell the truth…well…

I sat through the Rosary, waiting for my turn in confession, and my hands were SHAKING!!

Yet when I got into the confessional, although I was bawling like a baby calf, I was able to unload all that stuff and focus on the fact that it’s Jesus in there, and he wants nothing more than to see us free ourselves from sin and join him.

I have been so happy today! I’m constantly thanking Jesus and I KNOW that my next confession won’t be as bad.

I really think that for those of us who have trouble getting to confession, that it’s Satan’s doing…he instills the fear in us, he whispers little lies to us and leads us into irrationality, which distracts from the truth we all know. Sometimes it takes great grace just to get us back into the fold!

Isn’t God great? 😃

I’m a new convert, having only been received into the church this Easter, after a life of being an atheist.

Needless to say, I was SCARED TO DEATH! When I was finished, I felt a rush of peace like I have never known. I could not stop crying and I was “floating” 10 feet off the ground for days.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE…for everyone who truely beleaves (and all should) of God’s healing Grace through this most wonderful sacrament…DO IT OFTEN! God is ready to forgive, just gotta ask Him. The peace and love is greater then words can describe. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back