C
crosstimbers
Guest
Hi, I’m a former Episcopalian on the road to Rome. I am currently in RCIA and going through the annulment process for my first marriage. I will be asking my two sisters to give their witness. The short version of the first marriage is basically he is a conservative fundamentalist and was controlling, abusive and misused Scripture (specifically the verses on submission of wives to their husbands) to justify his abuse. We divorced 9 years ago. Three years ago I remarried a wonderful man and he has been a great blessing for both me and my children.
That being said, I am willing to submit to the Church in this area and already it has been a source of healing. But when I called my first sister to tell her what I was doing, she was horrified. She wanted to know why I would affiliate myself with a church that A. didn’t recognize the blessing my current marriage has been and B. was patriarchal and male oriented. I didn’t really have an answer for her and would like to be better prepared when I talk to my other sister. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Thanks
That being said, I am willing to submit to the Church in this area and already it has been a source of healing. But when I called my first sister to tell her what I was doing, she was horrified. She wanted to know why I would affiliate myself with a church that A. didn’t recognize the blessing my current marriage has been and B. was patriarchal and male oriented. I didn’t really have an answer for her and would like to be better prepared when I talk to my other sister. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Thanks