Extra Rosary Bead?

• Thread starter Thread starter JRS0410
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JRS0410

When I was received into the Catholic Church this past April, my sister gave me a rosary she purchased at the Vatican a few years ago. I never noticed that it was any different from my other rosaries until last night when I used it for the first time.

I said the Apostles Creed, the Our Father, and the three introductory Hail Marys. I was moving on , and there was another bead; instead of three introductory Hail Mary beads, there were four! I had no idea what I was supposed to do with that other bead, so I just said a Glory Be.

Does anyone know what that fourth bead is for?

Are you saying that the actual group of beads is four instead of three? Or is it set up like this:

Crucifix----Bead—Bead-Bead-Bead—Bead—?

If there are 4 beads in a row, I have no idead, because they’re supposed to be to meditate on the virtues of Faith, Hope and Love (Charity). If the beads are set up as I listed above (like my rosary is), it’s Apostle’s Creed, 3 Hail Mary’s and 1 Our Father in that order.

It could be as simple as a manufacturing defect that went unnoticed. I know of an online rosary store that apologized and sent out replacement rosaries after they realized that a shipment they got in had 11 beads in each decade.

It looks like this

Crucifix----Bead—Bead-Bead-Bead-Bead—Bead–Medal.

I posted this question on the DCF forum, and someone responded that it was probably a manufacturing error.

40.png
JRS0410:
It looks like this

Crucifix----Bead—Bead-Bead-Bead-Bead—Bead–Medal.

I posted this question on the DCF forum, and someone responded that it was probably a manufacturing error.
That’s what it sounds like to me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back