Extreme Temptation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lucretius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The source of this temptation began when I friend of mine told me that she was frustrated because her roommate was taking sex with a hook-up from Tinder. I was watching the redo of Roots, and was already emotionally aroused with the content. When I received the text, jealousy almost overwhelmed me.

It wasn’t until after work today, under the stress of the sun and labor, coupled with the despair I was feeling that I caved in.

I know that I don’t have the virtues, and have too many vices, to love a wife Christ-like and take care of our children, so I know that marriage is never going to be a vocation for me.

Anyway, thank you again everyone for the prayers. God will make sure they are not in vain.

Christi pax,

Lucretius
 
Frequent the sacraments, esp. the Eucharist,
even tho you cannot partake, say: “Lord, I’m
not worthy that you should enter under my
roof, but only say the word and my soul
shall be healed” during the liturgy AND MEAN
IT. Also say the Rosary DAILY, nothing is more
powerful than a Mother’s Love!!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
(forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors)
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with you,
blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.(X3)
Amen.
 
Hail Mary
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art Thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†
 
The source of this temptation began when I friend of mine told me that she was frustrated because her roommate was taking sex with a hook-up from Tinder. I was watching the redo of Roots, and was already emotionally aroused with the content. When I received the text, jealousy almost overwhelmed me.

It wasn’t until after work today, under the stress of the sun and labor, coupled with the despair I was feeling that I caved in.

I know that I don’t have the virtues, and have too many vices, to love a wife Christ-like and take care of our children, so I know that marriage is never going to be a vocation for me.

Anyway, thank you again everyone for the prayers. God will make sure they are not in vain.

Christi pax,

If you don’t want to hook up, why are you spending time with women who want to hook up with you? If you hang around a barbershop, sooner or later, you are going to get a haircut. Change your playgrounds. It’s not rocket science.

Lucretius
 
The source of this temptation began when I friend of mine told me that she was frustrated because her roommate was taking sex with a hook-up from Tinder. I was watching the redo of Roots, and was already emotionally aroused with the content. When I received the text, jealousy almost overwhelmed me.

It wasn’t until after work today, under the stress of the sun and labor, coupled with the despair I was feeling that I caved in.

I know that I don’t have the virtues, and have too many vices, to love a wife Christ-like and take care of our children, so I know that marriage is never going to be a vocation for me.

Anyway, thank you again everyone for the prayers. God will make sure they are not in vain.

Christi pax,

Lucretius
If you don’t want to have a hook up, why are you hanging around with women who both hook up frequently and more importantly, want to hook up with you?

If you hang around a barbershop, sooner or later, you are going to get a haircut. You need to change your playgrounds if you are serious about changing your life. It’s not rocket science.
 
***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***
 
If you don’t want to have a hook up, why are you hanging around with women who both hook up frequently and more importantly, want to hook up with you?

If you hang around a barbershop, sooner or later, you are going to get a haircut. You need to change your playgrounds if you are serious about changing your life. It’s not rocket science.
It’s worse than you imagine.

Furthermore, I don’t know if I’m in a position to escape these occasions. I have been tempted to just take a train far away and live in the streets, but that might make things worse. I don’t have the willpower to do what I ought to do. I’m really, really tempted to just give up. Even though have experienced absolution and Grace and miracles, and even as the worse possible sinner will profess the truth of the Christian faith, I still can’t practice it. I’m too much of a mess to be fixed :banghead:

Christi pax,

Lucretius
 
I pray for Lucretius, that he will be
healed of the itch for hookups and
NOT be obsessed by it anymore.

Remember, O gracious Virgin Mary,
that never has it been known that
ANYONE who has fled to you for pro-
tection, implored your help, or sought
your intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, we fly to
you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother.
To you we come, before you we stand,
O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise
NOT our petition, but in your mercy, hear
and answer us!!
Amen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top