Faith formation class

  • Thread starter Thread starter coopnann
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coopnann

Guest
Hello,

I was not sure exactly where to post this, but since it is a question about my child, I’ll post here.

My daughter is 6 years old, and in first grade. Today I signed her up for faith formation class, and learned it is a first grade/second grade/first communion class all together. I know first grade is important and necessary to prepare for first communion, but is it ok to have both grades together? Will she be skipping what would be covered in the first grade class, or will it be a repeat for 2 years?

I called my mother in law who has been a DRE, and she said she has never been at a place where it has been done, and the two different grades learn different things.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this before?

Thanks for any info you can share…
 
I don’t think anyone here can answer; you’ll have to get details from your parish.

However, I would venture to guess that if they couldn’t get enough teachers and the classes were small, perhaps they combined classes.

Perhaps not the best solution, if it is the case, but when you don’t get enough people to help out, you have to adapt.
 
not recommending you parish hop but you may want to ask around at a nearby parish to see how they do things… if there is another parish nearby? Parents are the first and foremost Catechists of their children, the most important thing you can do is to teach your children about the Eucharist by word and deed on an ongoing basis. If this class is shorthanded, volunteer! As long as they are not teaching heresy (which I doubt), it shouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks, Nick
weightofthewood.blogspot.com/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top