Faith Formation PreK/K

  • Thread starter Thread starter dee_burk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dee_burk

Guest
So, looks like I will be taking over the PreK/K class at my parish. I have never done any faith formation with the children and am a convert so never went through faith formation myself, except RCIA.
At a minimum, what do you expect PreK and K to know at the end of classes? I will focus on Sign of the Cross every class but what else should I try to teach?
Thank you in advance.
 
At a minimum, what do you expect PreK and K to know at the end of classes?
Ask your religious ed director for the curriculum guide, or contact the diocesan catechesis office for one. The approved textbook and leader materials will have everything you need. PreK and K don’t read so it is a lot of pictures, reading stories to them, and yes the very basic prayers like sign of the cross.
what else should I try to teach?
Teach what’s in the curriculum guide. If they don’t have a curriculum guide for PreK and K in your diocese, then follow your teacher’s guide, do basic prayers, sing songs, read bible stories, and do joyful activities.

As an example, here is the curriculum guide for our diocese:

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top