Faith isn't Faith until

• Thread starter Thread starter NotWorthy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotWorthy

Faith isn’t Faith until you’ve got nothing else to hold on to”.

I heard this phrase the other day, and it really struck me. At first I thought it meant, when you’ve got nothing else to rely on, you’ve still got your faith.

After a couple of days, I realize now it means, when you’ve given up all the other worldly distractions, then you’ve got faith.

What are your thoughts on this?

God Bless,

Notworthy

Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?
Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span?
Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin.
But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them.
If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?
So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear?’
All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.
usccb.org/nab/bible/matthew/matthew6.htm

Are you feeling a call to the religious life?

I have been trying to clean up my credit from 10 years ago on my credit report. I never would have believed that in the USA so many rats could run rampage. The thing I found most was that creditors will change their name, the account number and repost bills that have already been paid. I pay my bills on time now that I have seen the light, but I paid off those 10 year bills in good faith. Now my question is, why should I care if my credit is good or not? I know I paid those bills, but it really bothers me-alot. I have reported the companies to the bbb and filed disputes, but am I wrong to think that my faith will see me through this? It is all I have in this matter. Now in all matters current I am putting Faith first, and it is funny, my bills are being paid on time.

To me…

When everything else you try to grasp crumbles at your touch,
every person you turn to turns their back to you,
and you turn to your faith to pull you through.

Nobody,

If I re-interpret what you say, “Faith is what you have when you have nothing or no one else left to rely on, even though you’ve tried”.

Now think of it this way: “Go ahead and give up on everything else, because you know in the end it will let you down. Then rely on your faith”.

The first example is reactive, the second example is proactive. Does God prefer your faith and belief because nothing else worked, or does He prefer it because you know nothing else will work?

Hmmmmm…

Notworthy

Agreed.

Looking back, I wish I would have went the proactive route. I imagine it would have been less painful. I went the reactive route - I don’t recommend it to anyone. Going forward, I’m trying to follow faith first.

Granted, God will take us either way, and with arms just as open.

Funny note, When I put my cursor over the online/offline button next to your name is says, “Nobody is online now”. Wow, I feel so lonely!!!

Notworthy

I love that saying and always had it hanging in my laundry room. It kept me going when things were rough.

My new favorite is Your life may be the only gospel that others may ever read.

40.png
NotWorthy:
Granted, God will take us either way, and with arms just as open.
I see your proactive way as “Plan A”, and the reactive way as plans b,c,d…
40.png
NotWorthy:
Funny note, When I put my cursor over the online/offline button next to your name is says, “Nobody is online now”. Wow, I feel so lonely!!!

Notworthy
What I think is funny about my username is that when I look at my user profile I have 8 referals. There must be a question: “Who referred you to this site?” and they answer…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back